six

"Hey jace" Asher said as she walked up to her property after classes.

"Hey ash." He said reading a magazine on his front porch.

She rolled her eyes, "You know I hate when you call me that.

He shrugged, "Got any plans for tonight yet?" He asked her peeking over his magazine, "Killer outfit"

"Thanks, no real plans, i'll probably go to bed early."

"Again? Shit! Is your mental health okay? All i've gotten from your apartment is weed and silence lately. You need to get out more." He said

She bit her lip debating wether to tell him what she'd been doing or not to. He seemed like he genuinely was concerned but this is way more important than her social life. Besides, She kinda maybe wanted to see someone tonight.

"I've just been working on school homework and sleeping, it's been a lot lately." She lied.

"Alright, you don't have to stay long, but it's only 6, why don't you come over for an hour or whatever, my brother should be pulling up any minute, come get a drink?" He invited.

"Alright fine. It has been a month since we hung out." she smiled.

"Well I don't know that it's been that long but I'll gladly accept." He smiled while getting up from his chair. Hw opened the door waiting for her to go through it then followed her in. Once inside he went to the fridge while she chose a spot on the couch.

"I have beer or jager. Or I think jonny is bringing claws and smirnoff when he gets here." He called from the kitchen opening the fridge.

"Definitely jager." She replied. "The cups in there? Wanna just pour me like two doubles in the same cup?" She asked because she trusted jace, he'd never do anything to hurt her.

"Sure thing" Jace called as the front door opened.

"Hey ja.. Oh hey asher.." Jonny said as he walked in, closing the door behind himself.

"Hi" She said.

"I didn't realize you would actually be here."

"Neither did she, I talked her into it." Jace said coming back into the room with her drink with an innocently proud smile.

She accepted her drink and looked at it.

"Here, I don't have redbull but I got you a monster for it. Maybe you wanna try a monster bomb." Jace said with a smirk.

"Thanks.." She said wearily, "It'll work as a chaser at least. But.." She looked into her cup then back up at him, "I said I wanted like 4 shots, this looks like one and a half." She said raising a brow.

"Should have given her what she asked for." Jonny said aking a smirnoff and a box of white claws to the kitchen to put in the freezer.

"Well, I know you don't drink often and you said only an hour or two so I didn't want to feel responsible for you getting drunker than you meant to. I figured you can always get more, you can't get less." He almost looked hurt that she questioned him. She'd lived next door to him for 4 months now and he'd been nothing but nice to her. She almost felt bad for drinking at all, but that's just because he managed to make her sensitive.

"Don't question what they want. Not yer fault." Jonny said coming back into the room, "You're to much of a gentleman brother."

Jace glared at his brother then looked at asher, who was also glaring, almost begging her with his eyes not to question him and start a scene with him.