Part 13

*AMELIA'S POV*

Dad said he was going to fight for me and that's all I really wanted to hear from him. I don't want to live with mum because the only thing which will happen between us is constant arguments. I don't want to be faced with that. I want to live somewhere that I'm going to be appreciated and somewhere that someone is going to remember my existance. Dad is that person. He has really tried his best to make it up to me today and that is all I can ask for. I love my dad more than anything and I don't know what I would do if I was made to live with mum. There would probably be a lot of fighting and it wouldn't end well for one of them.

I'm just hoping that mum accepts my decsion and lets me do what I want. I'm twelve. Not two and I can make my own mind up. No matter what she says I'm not going to live with her when the time comes to make our decision as to where we want to live. I've made my choice and that isn't going to change.

It doesn't matter what anyone says to me.

TWO HOURS LATER:

"Am, I'm going home now!" I heard dad shouting up the stairs at me. I was playing upstairs with Louisa and Michael while dad was talking to Siva and Nareesha about everything which had happened. After I'd spoken to dad about wanting to live with him, he told me that he needed to have a word with them so I left him to it. I ended up playing hide and seek, just like I always do.

"Do you have to go?" I asked as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm sorry but I do. Me and your mum have a lot of talking to do..." he replied with a smile on his face.

"Okay then, well I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yes, I'll meet you at the place where your surprise is. Siva will take you there and the other boys will also meet us there..."

"Okay then dad. I love you!" I replied with a smile on my face.

"You keep saying that!" he said as he pulled me in for a massive hug.

"That's because it's true!" I giggled.

"Well I love you too Am and before I go, I've got a little surprise for you..."

"Dad, you know I don't like-"

"Yes, yes I know; you don't like surprises but you'll love this one!" my dad laughed at me, releasing me from the hug which he had me in.

"What is it then?" I asked excitedly.

"Open the front door and you'll find out..." Siva said from nowhere and I turned around to see him with his arm around Nareesha's waist in the kitchen doorway. They both had massive smiles on their faces and looked pretty happy about something. But I did as Siva had instructed. I walked over to the front door and opened to find someone stood there that I hadn't seen in a very long time. As soon as I saw him I screamed slightly louder than I intended to, but I was happy to see him stood there since I hadn't seen him in so long.

"MAX!" I shouted as he immediately pulled me into a hug.

"Hello Am..." he replied with a massive smile on his face.

"Told you that you'd like this surprise!" I heard dad laughing from behind me.

"I don't like it, I love it..." I laughed as I carried on hugging Max. I was so happy to see him.

"Well in that case, I'd better get going before your mum comes looking for me!"

"See you tomorrow dad!"

"See you tomorrow Am" he replied and with that he disappeared out the front door, still smiling to himself. I just assumed it was because I was happy and that's something which he wanted to see. But I'm sure he wouldn't still be smiling once he got back to see mum. They had a lot of talking to do before they could sort anything out. And I thought my life was confusing.