The Bullet

"My alias is Nightmare." Anthony turned up at her, shock clear on his face. Adrian was staring at her too, as was everyone else in HQ within hearing distance. "Nova." She turned up to him. "What? My alias is Nightmare." His grip on her hand loosened. "That was your Villain alias." She clenched her fist. "No. It was my alias, and I want to keep it. Is there a problem with that?" She said looking around at everyone. Most people darted their eyes away. When she turned back she put her hands on her hips. "Didn't think so. Just because I'm keeping my alias doesn't mean I'm still a villain." It looked like Adrain wanted to say something, but he didn't. Anthony gulped. "Sketch... Nightmare. You can go find your team now." I smiled, ignoring everyone who was giving me dirty looks and walked over to the rest of my team. All three of them had their arms crossed across there chest.

It didn't take long for the the confidence I had to slip away. I tipped my head down. "I think we should talk somewhere more private." Oscar said, his steely look not fading. I nodded and we went up to the lounge where the rooms were. Danna opened the door, all five of us walked inside. Ruby and Oscar both sat on the bed, holding hands. Danna, arms still crossed leaned up against the far wall. Adrian sat at the bottom of the door.

I sighed. "I know what I did was wrong. I also know there is no excuse for it. I'm sorry." Ruby stood. Nova lifted her head, very slightly. Ruby sighed and opened her arms. "It wasn't all your fault. You were manipulated. I forgive you." She smiled. My eyes glossy, I stepped forward and indulged myself in her non-judgmental hug. I felt another pair of arms wrap around me from the side. "I forgive you to Nova." Oscar said tightening his grip on me and Ruby. Adrian came from the back, joining the hug. Danna didn't say anything right away. When everyone let go, all eyes turned to her. "Danna, I'm so so sorry." My lip quivered every so slightly and I tried my best to keep it in. Her lips tightened. "Nova, I saw first hand what they did to you. It wasn't your fault." My head went back to hanging. "Thank you Danna." She nodded.

Her phone buzzed and she turned to it, her cheeks reddening. Ruby's eyes widen. "Danna! Who is it!"  Ruby said running up at trying to peek over her shoulders. Danna turned the phone down, trying to smother a smile, it wasn't exactly working. "No one, don't worry about it." Ruby places both hands on her hips, making an 'I don't believe you face.' Oscar rolled her eyes, "Rubbs give her a break." Ruby shrank back, but only a little. "I will find out who that was." She said still looking at Danna with a teasing face. Danna laughed. "Have you ever heard the saying, mind your business?" Ruby's face curved in mock offence. "Danna. I'm your best friend. That means I don't mind my business, I get all up in yours and you love me anyway." Danna laughed. Ruby walked back over to Oscar, he wrapped his arm around her back and she leaned into him. "Well." Nova said feeling a little awkward. "I have to go 'supervise' Magpies team as part of my probation I guess. Whatever you wanna call it." Ruby and Oscar turned to her. "Ok, we volunteered to help in the med-wing anyways." Danna pulled herself off the wall. "I have..." she hesitated and glanced over at Ruby. "Plans." Ruby brightened. "I knew it was someone!!!" She said basically jumping. Danna clasped her hands together. "Well, I have to go. Don't wanna be late." She said heading for the door. "Danna! Who!?!" Ruby yelled after her. She didn't answer. "I'm going to spy on that girl!" Ruby said about to chase after her. Oscar grabbed her hips, dropping his cane. "Easy there. We have to get to our own job." Ruby slumped against Oscars chest in defeat. "Fine." Ruby bent down and picked up Oscars cane for him, then they left, leaving Adrian and Nova alone. "Do you have anything to do?" She asked looking up at him. He shook his head but kept his gaze on the floor. "Adrian?" She asked coming a little closer. He sighed. "Nightmare?" He said looking up at her. "What was wrong with Insomnia?" She closed her eyes, frustrated that he didn't get it. Sitting down on the bed she looked up at him. "Insomnia was a game, she was fake, most of her anyway. I don't wanna be that girl anymore. I wanna be me, the girl that can put someone to sleep with the touch of skin, the girl who never sleeps, the hero, not the villain." It felt good to get that off her shoulders.