Run away (2/2)

Jinki was walking home when the sky started to turn gray, he looked up and sighed, then went on his way with umbrella in hand waiting for the rain.

After a few minutes, the sky started crying and Jinki opened his umbrella.

The latter was passing through the park when he heard someone speaking.

"He wasn't talking about me... Or was he?" the guy that was sitting on a bench, sighed.

Jinki came closer and put his umbrella above the other "what are you doing here, in the rain?"

The guy stared at him in surprise, Jinki had a serious look on his face and that scared him "I was... I just..."

"Get up, Kibum." said Jinki and the other nodded "you'll catch a cold if you stay here, you're wet."

"Jinki..." said Kibum and the other looked at him "I..." he hesitated, had so much to say but preferred to not "I'm fine, I'll head home."

"Do you have an umbrella?" asked Jinki, Kibum shook his head "then take mine."

Kibum chuckled "I'm already wet, keep it."

"But..." Jinki was about to say something, but Kibum interrupted him.

"I said I'm fine, don't make me angry." said Kibum, looking away "I'll leave first."

He walked a few steps but stopped, he was freezing and his home was still far away.

Jinki reached him and offered his jacket, Kibum didn't want to accept it but Jinki gave it to him so he just wore it.

"Do you live near here?" asked Jinki, Kibum shook his head and the other hesitated for a moment but said "then you can come home with me... You need to get changed or you'll get sick."

Kibum nodded, he was wet, freezing and didn't feel like walking home like that.

They headed to Jinki's home and he leaded Kibum to his room.

"Take this." said Jinki, handing him clean clothes "I'll leave so you can change." Kibum nodded and the other left the room.

Kibum started to change and took a little time to observe Jinki's room, clean and organized, just like he imagined.

"Are you done?" asked the other.

Kibum couldn't help but feel nervous "yes." he responded and Jinki opened the door.

"Are you hungry?"

About 30 minutes after, they were already eating what Jinki had prepared.

They ate in silence, any of them had idea of how to start a conversation or what to say.

Kibum finished his food, and Jinki offered more "I'm full, thank you."

Tension was in the air, silence was uncomfortable and they didn't know how to have a proper interaction after all their fights and hurtful words (mostly because of Kibum).

Jinki stood up and left the dishes on the sink, the paper (he still had with him) leaving his pocket while he was doing it.

Kibum took the paper in his hands and read it again.

"Hey!" said Jinki and took the paper from Kibum's hands "this is mine, why are you taking it again?"

"Is yours, I'm not going to steal it from you." said Kibum, rolling his eyes "it was on the floor, again."

He sighed "I don't care about this anymore" said and was about to throw the paper in the trash can but Kibum spoke.

"Are the feelings you wrote there nothing to you then?" asked the latter.

"Not if the person I wrote this for doesn't feel the same, then those feelings are useless."

"Jinki..." Kibum hesitated, but after a few seconds he continued "I'm sorry."

Jinki looked at him in surprise "what?"

"I'm sorry for being rude and for everything I said to you..." he continued "I hope, if you want to, that we could be friends in the future."

Jinki tensed "don't take it the wrong way, I helped you because you needed it but I don't know if we could be friends someday."

Kibum's heart ached, but he understood and sighed "I'm not pushing you, I know this is not easy and we started in a wrong way but if you feel like it, I'll be there."

"Kibum... Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"This, trying to be nice and my friend."

"I'm sincerely sorry for what I did and said, hating you for no reason."

"If there was no reason why did you do it in the first place?"

"I don't make friends easily and sometimes I can be frustrated."

"I did nothing to you, just tried to be polite and it frustrated you?" Jinki laughed in disbelief.

"You're not the problem, is me and I know you have no friends, at least in school and-"

"My presence frustrated you, now you care about my feelings and want to be my friend because I have none? You're amazing, really. You're something else... Now you pitty me, this is ridiculous!"

"I got frustrated because of you, yes! You are the reason and I feel like I'm going crazy! I wanted to hate you, but I couldn't and even if I tried to push you away you were always there waiting! I wanted to take you out of my head, but you were there with your stupid smile and made me feel strange and nervous and frustrated and... And I don't know why I like you! You think I'm the worst person in this world and I'm still here giving you explanations and you say I pitty you! You are taking care of me now because you pitty me, you said it earlier! And I'm not taking it the wrong way, I know you did it because I needed help, I get it and I get that you don't want to be my friend and I get that I was wrong and I know you'll never forgive me! And I don't care about this anymore!"

"Did... Did you say you like me?"

"I... I... N-no."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't!"

"You..."

"Shut up! I'm going home!"

Kibum was ready to walk away but Jinki took his hand "it..." he hesitated "it was about you, what I wrote."

"And what you said... Am I ruining your life?" asked Kibum and started to feel like crying "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I know you'll never forgive me and I understand, if I were you I would do the same."

"So you heard that..." Kibum nodded "I didn't mean that, I was frustrated too. I thought you hated me and didn't understand why and I felt so sad, I didn't know what to do with this feelings."

"I guess you're better without me and my frustrations, and confusions, and insecurities and ruden-" Kibum couldn't continue because Jinki leaned in and kissed his lips softly.

They separated after a few seconds.

"You made me suffer enough already, don't you think? All I wanted was to be with you, and there's nothing you can say that would make me miss this opportunity."

"But I-" Kibum tried again but Jinki kissed him for the second time, then smiled and made Kibum smile too "I'm so sorry, and thank you for accepting me even after everything I did."

"Just promise me you won't run away anymore."

"I won't." Kibum chuckled and kissed Jinki for the third time that day.