Ranking (Maddy)

Hey ho! I decided I was going to personally rank all full length musicals (so not Little White Lie), and I'd love to see your own rankings in the comment section. And, no shaming people for their opinions.

This is very tough, but I'm going to try anyway.

12) Me and My Dick.
Confession, I only watched the first few scenes of Me and My Dick. The music itself was great, but my aro/ace ass couldn't deal with the bases being fully about sex and romance. I'm sure it's a great musical for most people, I mean every Starkid musical is great, but it's not my cup of tea. Maybe I'll retry watching it at some point in my life, but not right now.

11) Ani.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Ani. The music itself was amazing, and Clark's voice was heavenly. I just don't like it as much as the others.

10) AVPSY.
Again, adored the show. The low ranking has probably to do with the fact that I remember the least songs from AVPSY. Though, Sidekick is my jam. I could listen to that on repeat. I just see myself going to AVPSY the least.

9) Black Friday.
Black Friday, again, is an amazing musical (I'm probably going to repeat this so much), but I felt like their were times I was lost in the story plot. I was pretty confused when Deck The Halls of Northville High came on. Also, it left me unsatisfied at the end with answers. Though, What If Tomorrow is an amazing song, and it slaps so hard, and Kendall's voice? So great.

8) Holy Musical B@man!
Hands down, Holy Musical B@man had some of the best costumes and the Rogues fascinated me. And the Candy puns had me in awe half the time. I'm just not a Batman fan, so I guess that took away from it a little. All in all, great music, but it made me hungry.

7) Firebringer.
Don't get me wrong, I love our lesbian cavewoman, and Firebringer is all in all very inspirational. The music amd cheorography is very well done, but I don't find myself coming to it as much as the others.

6) Trail To Oregon.
Props to Joey for all those quick changes in Independence. You Gotta Go makes me slightly uncomfortable, but besides that, I love the music, and the audience interaction is my favourite. Also, I must sound super chaotic when I sing Naked In A Lake. It's a great combination between fun and historical.

5) TGWDLM.
The greatest story ever told. Perfect combination between horror and comedy, and I loved it. I always wondered how all the characters knew everything in musicals, because I overthink. And I loved how it shows a logical (of Aliens are logical) explanation for it.

4) Twisted.
The incorporation of all the Disney characters together showed true ingenuity in the Starkid team. Everything And More sounds like a song straight out of a Disney Movie. They really represented Disney well, and the fact the war was against Pixar? BRILLIANT! And they even had Abu in it, when the Aladdin on Broadway (which I saw a few years ago) did not.

3) AVPM.
Ah, the first musical I watched, and the one that brought me into Starkid. I'm a HUGE Harry Potter nerd (Hufflepuff for Life 🖤💛🖤💛) and they managed to encompass everything I love about Harry Potter to the tee, and I am forever greatful. I'll say, "I'm a particularly good finder" at times (though I loose everything) and as a tap dancer, the second Voldy showed up in tap shoes made my day so much brighter. Both times I watched it.

2) AVPS.
From the Dobby/Draco plot twist to drunk Snape, AVPS has me interested from start to finish. Unlike the Cursed Child, AVPS deals with time travel in a way I can see fit in the franchise, and Draco having that redemption arc that lacked to be fully developed in the actual books takes the icing on the cake.

1) Starship.
My favourite part about Starship is how Bug manages to break the Status Quo, and live out his dreams. He inspired me to dream outside of the box, and that maybe what other people believe to be social norms doesn't have to be. So, yeah, I just really like Starship.

So, what do you think? Agree or disagree?

See you next time
-Maddy