Chapter five -Perrie-

*might not write a lot tomorrow so I'm doing one or two more chapters today*

I walk quickly down the stairs and thankfully Leigh-Anne doesn't follow. She can barely come up with any ideas, I've been restraining myself not to bicker with her. It's odd, usually I'm decent to almost everyone but somehow Leigh-Anne just gets under my skin, like a bug that lands on your skin but you don't want to slap it because it might make a mess. Maybe they'll make a Leigh-Anne Pinnock repellant. 

Shaking my head, I jump off the last step and make my way into the kitchen. I sort through the fridge to find: a banana, milk, yogurt, leftover pasta, and eggs. Wow, we really need to go shopping. There's not much in any of the cabinets either, so I grab the leftover pasta. Piling it onto a plate, I put it into the microwave. 

I wonder what she's doing up there... it's pretty silent. The microwave beeps and I grab the pasta from inside of it. Sitting at the kitchen table, I chew and think at the same time. 

How are we going to get the concert in check before it arrives? We obviously have no idea what we're doing, I don't see why Ms.Wilson put me and Leigh-Anne in charge of this all. Why not someone who's a natural leader, like Katherine or Alicia? That's the thing, the entire school sees me as a leader. If only I actually was... 

A creak coming from my bed interrupts my thoughts. What is she doing up there? I put my fork down and walk out of the kitchen. I swear if she's looking through any of my things... 

I get upstairs and look through my bedroom doorway. Leigh-Anne is asleep on my bed, with my notebook open on her lap. I feel my face heat up with anger. 

Those drawings are personal and private, not some meaningless drawing for an art class. I can't believe she would even think of going through that.  I pick a pillow up from under my bed and aim it at her. It hits her straight on the face, and I giggle slightly but then remember I'm mad. 

She stirs, waking with an irritated look on her face. "What the hell...?" she mumbles, looking around. She realizes where she is, and sits up abruptly. 

"You're here for schoolwork, not naptime." I say. "Those drawings are private, and I'd appreciate you wouldn't look through them again." I pick the pillow up and throw it at her again, and leave the room. 

I left my pasta for that. 

-

After I finish eating, I go up to my room again. Leigh-Anne isn't there. I sigh. Deciding just to wait, I plop down in my desk chair. Then, the bathroom door opens down the hall and Leigh-Anne steps into the room moments after.

"I have a host for the concert." She declares and sits on the bed like she owns the place. 

"Who?" I raise my eyebrow. 

"My friend Ariana. She's not in chior, but she's an amazing singer and is quite funny." She looks at her nails. 

"Were we even supposed to find a host? Has she agreed? Is Ms.Wilson going to approve?" I question. Has she even thought about this?

"Yes, I texted her and she'd love to do it. Might even sing." She looks at me. "And Ms.Wilson left the entire concert in our hands, if we want a host, we're going to have a host." She raises her eyebrows as if it's something I should know. 

"Alright." I say. 

I can hear a vibration go off in Leigh-Anne's pocket, and she pulls out her phone. She looks at it for a second and her face falls.

  "Uh, I have to go. Just a, er, family problem." Her tone is much quieter and she stutters out the words. 

I furrow my eyebrows. "Oh, okay?" She gets up. "See you tomorrow." I mumble.

"Yeah." She leaves the room quickly and I watch her straight ponytail swing as she rushes down stairs. 

That was odd.