CHAPTER 9

The next day I woke up, Ace wasn't here beside me. Siguro ay umuwi siya kagabi nang makatulog ako but when I saw his shirt on couch ay naisipan kong bumaba. Maybe he was just doing sometimes downstairs.

"Good morning" I heard Kuya Anthony's voice. I turned around and I saw him with his pajamas.

"You sleep here?" I asked.

"Yep." He replied. I was about to walk when I suddenly remember na marami syang ginagawa at madalang syang umuwi dito.

''Wala ka bang work?'' I stop walking and turned my back to him.

''Meron.'' He smile at sinabayan ako sa paglalakad pababa.

''Bakit dito ka natulog? malayo ang trabaho mo dito, Kuya''

He laughed and pinched my cheeks. Weird.

''I just want to keep you safe kaya hindi ako umalis'' My brows furrows but I didn't talk. ''Kasama mo boyfriend mo sa isang kwarto, mahirap na Camille, mga bata pa kayo''

I bit my lower lip ang just gave him a small nod. Kuya did not know that I often slept there in Ace's condo. All he knew was that I was just visiting Ace and going home later. Yes, I am a good liar and I hate it.

"We know, I know my limitations, Kuya"

Just a few steps closer to the kitchen I heard the low giggles of Ace and Anna with Dad. Kuya went straight to the living room and I stopped to one side to listen to what they were talking about.

"I don't know what to say, Dad, when she said that she wants a baby, our baby" Ace chuckled. Nakasanayan na niyang tawagin si Dad na 'Dad' or 'Dada'.

"Mabuti naman anak at inunawa mo si Camille, mga bata pa kayo paalala lamang" Dad starts to chuckle, too.

"And Dad wala pa akong alam sa pagiging Daddy, I want to have a stable job before I marry your daughter. I want to earn my own money to save for our future"

"I gave you my trust, Ace. Alagaan mo ang anak ko"

"Tama na ang usapang pagpapamilya, matagal po iyon. Tapusin na natin 'to, Ace anak" Anna said.

I took a step and peeked at them. I saw Ace preparing pur breakfast while laughing with Dad and Anna wash doing the dishes.

"Anak" Anna said when she saw me.

My face turn dead serious when she called me. I passed her and walk towards Ace and Dad. I kissed their cheeks and I also greeted them 'good morning'.

"Mama taught me how to cook rice" Ace proudly said. I smiled at him, I combed his hair with my fingers.

"Good to hear" I just said.

I washed my hands, him also. We went to dining area and started to eat. Hindi ako nagsasalita at hinayaan lamang silang magkuwentuhan. Masaya ako dahil tanggap nila si Ace, They allowed me to have a boyfriend even though I was still in high school.

Dad really did not want me to have a boyfriend but when he met Ace and they got along, suddenly he gave his full trust to Ace. Dad and I agreed that he would allow me to have a boyfriend if I did not neglect my studies. Ace is not a hindrance, he even forces me to do my notes when I am lazy to do them. He once did my school papers nang minsan kong makatulugan.