Chapter 13

"Freeman and Wang. You are the key to the play." Shang was explaining to us the play.

Shang was actually letting me in on a major play. I was usually the back up plan for the back up plan. Shang has really started to warm up to me.

We broke the huddle and went out onto the field.

I could still feel it. Something was off.

Shang hiked the ball to Charlie and I was pushed from behind.

I stumbled and turned around.

Hunter High had made a wall and was barreling at Charlie.

My eyes widened at the sight. There was no way anyone could get through them the way they were linked together.

I had to find a way to get the ball away from Charlie.

I turned to run back into the wall of boys but stopped.

They were all so intimidating and large. I felt like a marble compared to a bowling ball. I had to do it. Strategy.

I ran through the human wall and pushed through their large chests.

A few resisted, but eventually I made it through.

I turned around and saw the wall still running towards Charlie.

He saw me open and threw the ball.

It all went into slow motion. The ball spiraling through the air, the cheers ascending from the crowd. The only thing that was in actual speed was my heartbeat. Pumping wildly. Adrenaline was coursing through my veins. It was now or never.

I raised my hands and everything sped up again.

Before I knew it, the cold leather was in my hands.

I caught it! At first, I didn't know what to do,then reality hit me.

I sprinted down the field as fast as I could. Endurance.

I turned my head and saw Hunter High had broken their wall and were running after me.

I was forty yards away when a few hands grabbed my jersey. I spun swiftly a few times and escaped their grasp. Agility.

I was so close to the end zone when my arms started rising.

I looked up and saw the falcon, its sharp claws firmly clasped on the ball.

I pulled down lightly a few times to break the bird's firm grasp. It wouldn't budge. I didn't want to hurt the bird but I had to do something to get the ball back. I couldn't let Shang down.

I violently yanked the ball. The bird screeched and flew away. Strength.

I darted down the field and saw more boys ganging up on me.

I pushed as hard as I could.

Ten yards, five yards, three yards, two yards.

The next thing I knew, I was jumping over the line.

Touchdown.