Family Visit

All of us were still in the clinic as we wait for Isaac to wake up.  It was nearing seven in the evening and still nothing.  Stiles and I just sat beside each other as we talked about random things to get me to not panic about Isaac's well being.  It was already said that he was stable, he just had to wake up on his own.

When my phone went off, ringing with my mother's ringtone, I excused myself and answered, "Hey mom, what's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing bad," she quickly replied, "I was wondering if you will be coming to dinner?  There's someone I want you to meet."

"Is it something I can do later?" I asked looking back into the room where Isaac slept, "I'm kind of in the middle of something at the moment."

"I mean, if it's important, you can stay," she answered, "It's just that someone from our family came to visit.  They want to meet you."

"I thought you don't have connection to them, or that you don't talk to them..." I began to panic at the thought of another hunter party entered Beacon Hills, "Are you sure you want me to come over?"

"It would be a good opportunity for you to learn more about the family and put on a show that you're nothing but human," she offered.

I took a moment to think on my options but signed, "Okay, I need a distraction anyway."

"Great!" she exclaimed, "We'll be at home."

"Alright, I'll see you in a bit," I replied before ending the call.

Something about this screamed for me to avoid but, I do want to know more about our family.  There has been so much mystery and lies covering everything about my family that this is my only opportunity to see it through the hunter's side, if they are even Hunters.  Maybe they were protectors like my mom.  I don't know, nor would I be able to find out if I don't attempt to find things out myself.

"Is everything okay?" Stiles finally spoke up, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I turned to him and smiled, "Yeah, my mom wants me to go home to meet family from the Barnett side."

"Do you think it's a good idea?" Stiles asked, growing panicked, "What if they are Hunters?"

"That's why I need to find out," I told him, "Do you mind giving me a lift?"

Stiles looked at me intensely before nodding, "Yeah, sure."

"Where are you guys going?" Scott asked as he returned to the back room after quick chat with Deaton.

"Family came by," I told him, "Stiles' is just driving me home."

Scott looked confused, but nodded none the less.

Hand in hand, Stiles and I headed to his car.

The drive was silent but quick as he drove into the drive way.  We could see that my mother's car was perfectly parked down the hill but outside the garage, with a familiar red car behind her car.  Stiles and I glanced at each other but parted with a quick kiss.

"Call me if anything changes with Isaac," I told him as I hopped out of the car.

"Of course," he nodded, "Call me if you need a pick up."

With that, I closed the door and watched him pull out of the drive way and headed back to the clinic.  Once he was out of sight, I headed toward the house.  The lights were on, which meant they were still up, then again it was just getting to be around 8pm.  It was still early in the night.

With a quick moment to compose myself, I opened the door to my home and called out, "I'm home!  Sorry, I'm late.  I was hanging out with friends!"