strike_two

Aa Fiona dusted herself off and managed to fix her outfit and makeup, the door to the room they had just exited made a small ding sound. This raised brows, as the group turned to see the wallpaper somehow moving on it's own.

It covered the door, no signs of it left as though it was just a blank wall this whole time. "Oh shit is this me." You raised a brow at Fiona, who was now staring at the painting Cuphead insulted her with (unbeknownst to her).

By then a framed painting had now displayed at the (previously a door) wall.

"Is that us?" Boris asked with a smile, walking over to it. You all gathered around, admiring the scene displayed. It was of the room earlier, the angle seemingly from above the door somewhat. It showed Fiona behind the glass wall, bound to her chair with an open mouth as Felix stood with his ear pressed against the glass. Boris stood there, seemingly translating it as you saw Cuphead standing near the table where you placed the items.

You were holding the bag of rotten food, a hand pinching your nose as Chip sat on the floor reading a newspaper. Mugman held Bendy up, the demon looking quite embarrassed as his hands scanned the top shelf. It looked so. . . realistic. Realistic enough to trip you off but artistic enough to not mistake it for a photograph.

As you continued to admire it however, the sound of Fiona muttering curse words once more made you look. Strange- she usually only curses in her native dialect if she was really pissed or really stressed.

She looked at all of you, her face more of anger than of fear and confusion as her hands continued to pat her (apparently exisiting) pockets. "I can't find my damn phone."

• • •

"Fiona! Fiona!" The two boys stood outside, mumbling and complaining as no one still answered. "Maybe there's a spare key?" Max suggested, watching as the taller male slowly nodded. "We really need those cupcakes."

"Hmm. . . If only. . ." He seemed to be recalling a memory, his brow raised as he looked up in thought.

"These morons live with me but it's my name on the lease." Fiona laughed, before stuffing her face with more fries.

Suddenly, the blonde male walked over to one of the posts holding the small roof over their heads. "What are you doing?" Max asked, brow furrowed in confusion as the immortal felt his way around the posts. "If I'm correct. . ." He grunted, having to pat around the top part. "Fiona should leave a spare key right around. . ." The male lit up as he felt the small door. "Here!"

He clicked it, before feeling it swing open as he grabs the key inside. He inserts it in the knob, turning it once before pushing it open. Max followed behind, the two walking inside the dark studio as the distant sound of creaks gave the whole place an eerie feeling. The studio wasn't supposed to creak.

But they made their way over to the kitchen, Max hitting a light switch on the way as he grins. The cupcakes were still on the table, inside a box with a transparent cover. They had various creepy designs. One just had the word 'taxes' written on it in red icing as Max chuckled at Felix's humor.

"Alright let's go, Asher." Max called out, looking out of the kitchen. It was the only illuminated room, and it made the boy shudder. He had visited the studio countless times, but never had he seen it in the dark. And quite frankly, a part of him wished it stayed that way.

"Asher come on." Before Max could call out a third time, said male emerged from the dark holding a small cauldron, his face that of an expression with a, what Max could only describe as a dorky grin. Inside were various brands of candy, and it seemed like the blonde was already eating one. "Let's go!" He cheered after swallowing, Max letting out a small sigh of relief before following close behind.