Chapter 2

The next day Dylan woke up to a very loud pounding on her door.  She groaned and rolled over, pulling the pillow over her head.

"Dylan Rose it is almost 10 am. Get your ass up, we're going shopping!"

Dylan recognized the voice as Willow, her best friend.  She had forgotten she was going shopping with her.

All of a sudden her thought were interrupted by body landing on top of hers.  Dylan let out a small groan, shoving Willow off.  She peeked out from underneath the pillow to see her very cheerful brunette best friend.  Her bright green eyes met hers and her lips instantly peeled back into a smile.

Willows smile was very contagious.  So as soon as she smiled, Dylan grinned and shoved her backwards. 

"I'm up, you ass.". She spoke quietly.  Dylan rarely spoke, she hadn't spoken much since her mom abandoned her and the twins.  She does talk, but quietly when she does, and it's usually only to Willow or her boyfriend, Kalem. 

Willow rolled off the bed onto her feet, caught her balance, then ran around the bed to Dylan's side.  She grabbed her hand and started pulling her up, making Dylan sit up and put her feet on the floor.  As soon as they touched the silky carpet, Willow was pulling her towards her small walk in closest, pulling stuff off of the hanger and holding it up, examining it, then putting it back.

After about 5 minutes of Dylan leaning against the wall and Willow rummaging through her clothes, She came out with red skinny jeans with rips all up the legs and a black and white striped crop top that came to about an inch above her belly button.

Dylan didn't complain, instead she grabbed it and exited the closet, heading for the bathroom.  She really needed to brush her teeth and wash her face before getting dressed.  So that's exactly what she did.  She turned on the cold water, let it run for a couple seconds, then ran her hands underneath it, cupping the water in her hands and leaning her face down to meet them.

The cold water hit her face and she scrunched her nose, then splashed a bit more water on herself.  She dried her hands and her face, then brought her tooth brush down to the water, then put the toothpaste on it.  She set the toothbrush in her mouth, then started undressing, changing into the clothes Willow had picked. 

When she had somehow gotten the shirt on over the toothbrush in her mouth and smoothed the wrinkles out with her hand, she finished brushing her teeth and cleaned off the tooth brush and cleaned out her mouth.

She turned to the door and saw Willow sitting on the floor in front of all her shoes.

"Plain red nike's, or your Air Force Ones?"  Willow asked, her back facing Dylan but hearing her footsteps come to the bed.

"Air Force Ones, please."  Dylan answered, sitting down and reaching for the drawer attached to the end of the bed, which held all her socks.  She opened it, reached in and grabbed a pair of no-show red socks.  She realized she owned a lot of red, it wasn't even her favorite color.  She slipped her feet in the socks then extended her arm to grab the shoes that Willow had brought over to her.

She slipped the shoes on, stood up, and smoothed out her jeans, shirt, and grinned.  She ran her fingers through her hair then remembered that she should probably brush it.  She walked around the bed, opened the drawer on the nightstand and grabbed her brush.  She brushed all the tangled out of her blonde hair, then pulled it all back into a loose high pony, pulling some hair out to fall around her face.  She looked into the mirror next to her, immediately looking straight to her bright blue eyes.

"Ready."  She said, then turned back to Willow, who had pulled out her phone and started texting who Dylan guessed was her dad.  They were super close, since Willows mom had also left them.  Willow looked up, nodded, turned the phone off, and stood up. 

"Ready."  she repeated, and headed for the white door to leave.