Chapter 3: Hanging out

Reece's pov:
Today's the day I'm hanging out with Raina. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I hope I don't do anything stupid. I wouldn't want her to find out about my feelings for her.

A few hours later I'm ready to go and text Raina. Reece: Hey Raina, are we going to be going soon?
Raina: Yes I'm nearly ready, I'll come to yours, same address right?
Reece: Yep same address
Raina: Ok, I'll be there in 20 mins.

I decide to watch some tv for 20 minutes before she arrives. A little over 20 minutes later she reaches and rings my doorbell. I open the door and let her in. "Hi" she greets me. "Hey" I greet back. "You look beautiful" I add. She blushes a bit. "Thanks, you look amazing too" she replies. Now I'm the one blushing. "You're welcome and thanks" I reply back. "Would you like anything to drink?" I question her. "No thanks I'm good" she answers me. "Shall we get going then?" I ask. "Sure, let's go" she leaves my house and I follow her out.

Does she love me? She started to blush when I complimented her. Maybe she does when anyone compliments her though. I guess I'm just wishful thinking that she likes me. There's no way she does, right?

I call us a taxi and it arrives in about 5 minutes since it was already dropping off someone close to my place. We both get in and Raina tells the driver the address of the restaurant.

We're both going to be drinking so we couldn't have drove there. "So, is it just going to be the two of us?" I ask her. "Yes it is, is that okay?" She replies and asks me to assure her if it's okay or not. "Yeah, it's fine" I reply.
The rest of the journey to the restaurant passed by in silence as neither of us felt like talking.

We finally reach the restaurant. I let Raina get out of the taxi first and I get out soon after I pay the driver. We then go tell the waiter about our reservation and he leads us to our table. We both take a seat at our table. Once we've settled down the waiter comes back to take our orders and we tell him what we're ordering. Our meal arrives soon and we both start eating and drinking.

After we were done in the restaurant we decide to go to a bar for more drinks. We have about 2 drinks over there and stay there till it gets dark. Then we decide to go to a nightclub nearby.

When we reached the club is when things started to go downhill. We had a few more drinks there and then we decided to hit the dancefloor. It started off friendly but then it ended up getting more relationship-like since I don't know what came over me, maybe it was the drinks or that I was so lost in the moment but I kissed her.

I don't know what's going to happen now and I'm really worried. Is it better or worse that she kissed me back? Soon after the kiss happened she excused herself and went to the ladies room. I just continued dancing by myself awkwardly when that happened.

Around 20 minutes later she leaves the ladies room and returns to the dancefloor to see me. "I'm really sorry Reece but I have to go now, if you want to stay here you can but I really gotta go now" she tells me. Is she leaving because I kissed her? Or does she have something she needs to wake early for tomorrow? Or is she just tired? "No, it's fine we can go together, if that's okay with you" I reply to her. "Sure, let's go" she replies and I follow her out of the club.

The wait for the taxi to arrive as well as the taxi ride to each of our seperate homes passed by in silence. Neither of us knew what to tell the other. When I reached my home after I paid the driver I go to my room.

I've messed this up, haven't I? I'm sure she doesn't want to be near me anymore. I have to fix this somehow. I will just have to tell her my true feelings soon I guess. I really hope she feels the same. That kiss was amazing it just made me believe I'm definitely in love with her. I was unsure about my feelings before this for a while but now I know I want her to be my girlfriend. That is if she wants me to be her boyfriend though. I'll just have to move on if she doesn't like me in that way back.

I then change into my night clothes and do everything I do before I go to sleep. I lie in my bed but I can't get to sleep. There's too much on my mind. I keep thinking that I might never see her again. I hope she hasn't blocked me on everything. I really want a chance to explain myself. I know I don't deserve it but I just want her in my life even if we don't get to be together romantically. I wonder if she's been overthinking everything like I have.

I did somehow manage to fall asleep. I only know this since I woke up with the sunrise shining in my face. Oops it looks like I had forgotten to close my curtain before I fell asleep. I have a really bad headache but I have more important tasks to deal with. I decide to text Raina to see if we're still on alright terms. I'm really hoping we are. I won't be able to forgive myself if we aren't.

Reece: Hi Raina, how are you? I'm sorry about last night.
Raina: Hi Reece, I don't think it's a good idea to discuss last night over text, you should come over to my house.

She then gives me her address. Should I go?

Reece: What time would u like me to be there?
Raina: Is 3:00 pm okay?
Reece: Sure, I'll see u there.

I'm a little nervous about seeing her again so soon. But at least we'll be having a proper discussion about everything that happened last night though. I hope everything works out well.