Chapter 4: The kiss

Raina's pov:
Reece and I are hanging out today. I change into the clothes I picked out for today and do my make up and almost everything I need to do to get ready. After a few minutes my phone pings with a notification of a message. When I see who it's from my heart beat speeds up a bit. I still think I love him. I'm still so terrified of letting my feelings for him show. I open the message. Reece: Hey Raina, are we going to be going soon? I get up the virtual keyboard on my phone and quickly type out a reply since my hands have started shaking. Raina: Yes I'm nearly ready, I'll come to yours, same address right? I take a moment steady my shaking hands and take a sip of water. I then check if he's replied he has. Reece: Yep same address
Raina: Ok, I'll be there in 20 mins. I reply to his message.

I quickly put my shoes on and call a taxi to take me to Reece's house. After a little over 20 minutes I reach and pay the taxi driver and then I walk to his door and ring his doorbell. He opens the door and lets me in. "Hi" I greet him. "Hey" he greets me back. "You look beautiful" he adds a compliment. I start blushing. Why am I blushing? I never usually blush when someone compliments me. "Thanks, you look amazing too" I reply to him. Then he's blushing too. "You're welcome and thanks" he replies back. "Would you like anything to drink?" He questions me. "No thanks I'm good" I answer him. "Shall we get going then?" He asks me. "Sure, let's go" I leave his house and he follows after me.

We get a taxi to go to the restaurant and when we reach we tell the waiter about our reservations and he leads us to our table. Once we've both settled down a bit the waiter comes back to take our orders and we both order. After a few minutes our order arrives and we begin eating and drinking. When we're done we pay for our meal and leave to go to a bar near the restaurant.

We have around two drinks at the bar and stay there until it gets dark. Then we go to a nightclub close to the bar.

At the nightclub is when things started to get weird. We had a few more drinks and then we went on the dancefloor. After a few dances Reece kisses me and surprisingly I respond to his kiss by kissing him back. I then realise that just happened and run to the female's toilet leaving Reece alone on the dancefloor.

I look in the mirror trying to tell myself everything is going to be okay. I'm so nervous what if one of his fans saw me kiss him? Ugh why did I kiss him back? And why did I enjoy kissing him? I don't think we can ever be friends again. This kiss also just confirmed my feelings for him. I'm in love with him. I want him to be my boyfriend but I'm so terrified. Does he love me back? Was that an accidental kiss? Did he kiss me cause he was drunk or so lost in the moment? I really hope he does love me.

Just then a lady comes out of one of the stalls. She gives me a weird look. "What happened to you?" She questions me. Should I tell her about my feelings for Reece? Maybe she'll help me. "I'm in love with this guy but I'm just so nervous I'm not even sure if he loves me back" I tell her. "I think you should tell him how you feel about him, even if he doesn't like you back at least then you'll know whether he loves you back or not and if he doesn't you can move on and you don't need to be too hung up on wanting to be with him" she replies to me. "You're right, but I'll just have to wait until we've both sobered up a bit" I reply to her. "That's a good idea, I hope everything works out well for you both" she responds to me. "Thank you" I respond back to her. She washes her hands and leaves the toilet. I then touch up my make up and hair and leave the toilet too.

I then go to the dancefloor and see Reece dancing by himself. I actually feel bad for leaving him alone there. I walk up to him. "I'm really sorry Reece but I have to go now, if you want to stay here you can but I really gotta go now" I tell him. He takes a little while to reply. "No, it's fine we can go together, if that's okay with you" he replies to me. "Sure, let's go" I reply back and the he follows me out of the club. I had to get out of there I couldn't stand to look at the people who watched us kissing much longer.

The two of us walk out of the club and wait for a taxi to take us back to our homes. We waited for the taxi in silence as well as the drive to our homes was silent. I guess we didn't know what to say to each other after that. The taxi driver then reaches my house and I get out and I pay for my half of the journey to the driver.

I rush to my room as soon as I unlocked the door and locked it again so no one could get in. Tomorrow I'm going to have to let him know how I truly feel about him. I change my clothes and remove my make up and then I go to my bed to try to sleep. I'm so nervous for tomorrow. I don't think I can fall asleep. This is too much to deal with.

I did manage to fall asleep. I know I did cause I woke up because my phone pinging with a message woke me up. I click on the message and read it. Reece: Hi Raina, how are you? I'm sorry about last night. He thinks I regret last night but I don't. It was one of the best kisses I've ever had. I don't think it's a good idea to discuss this over text though. Raina: Hi Reece, I don't think it's a good idea to discuss last night over text, you should come over to my house. I type back and then I type my address to him too. Reece: What time would u like me to be there?
Raina: Is 3:00 pm okay?
Reece: Sure, I'll see u there.

I need to start getting ready he should be here in a few hours time. I go to have a shower and do everything I need to do to get ready for today.