11- blackhole of words

~Elani's POV~

~Elani's POV~

The morning light of dawn seeped through into my room as the flimsy curtains swayed at the light breeze. Last night I said things I shouldnt have said. The deepest parts of my mind that formed the syllables usually penned down in my journal or said in my prayers were all declared by my walls breaking down in front of him. By the time I rushed to my room with my heels clicking hard and fast on the marble floors of the hallway and then my floorboard room, I could only hope that he didn't see through my words. Words that often never came upfront to anybody, not even my own father, all flowed out of me as if my soul denied to stay quiet even if my body tried its best.

The moment I looked into his dark eyes that bore into mine the same, as he spoke so loving about his cousin sister. I knew I had to say something too. It didn't feel right that moment not sharing a part of me that felt quite the same when I lost the most important person in my life. She only lured in my memories now, those too all hazy of my childhood. I stayed in bed with my eyes wide open looking at the ceiling that was painted a color my mother sure loved to wear. My head turned to the window as I sat up from the bed hearing the voices of people and cars and the bustling city that didn't know how to stay put even at the initial hours of the day.

He had messaged me last night. I knew it was him even though the random number flashed without any picture to recognize him from.

I hope this night wasn't so bad that it would be on your list of nights to hate. Because for me it wasn't. I will remember this night for both of us, if you don't want to.
-D

Something had shifted between us last night. Secrets were shared indirectly, with only a veil of reality to cross to grasp them fully. I got dressed for another day of being in the same room as the women who I clearly knew had clear intentions of getting me to surrender under her will, my face was etched with curiosity rather than anger. The frustration, annoyance and the anger diluted to a bulk of questions I had about the hidden lies. The lies that concerned my mother.

The employees at the office praised me for my efforts for the event and the pictures floated across social platforms, all highlighting in bold that the event went without any drama. The Erasmus name bounced about in the media's words as they predicted of future happenings of the company. Some even said that the older Erasmus son did not join because he had a possible disagreement with his parents. Some said he was busy marketing the company taking advantage of its completion of 50 years in business. The news flashed names of very important businessmen, including my father since it was his first time at an event of his rivalry company Erasmus.

All the tattles were subsided in my mind as I walked with a small smile straight to Katherine's office. I had to evaluate her schedules and upcoming meetings with my uninterested mind that only wanted to escape the extensive amount roses and expensive gift boxes all littered across her office.

I didn't see him even after the lunchbreak when I sat with Ashely and her friends, all chatting away about their things.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem a little out of it today. I hope everythings well?" I hear Lucas say as he leans beside me saying in almost a whisper.