34-masked

~Dariel's POV~

~Dariel's POV~

The atmosphere is somewhat stuck between reluctance and selfishness.
But somehow my few words have smoothed out the doubts in the older man's eyes. He's a wicked one to say the least, but he knows that allies are few and risks are killers.

"Then my son and I would like to join alliances with you. We get our money and reputation back but what would you get? Surely your eyes don't tell me you'd want money or power." He says as he puts the cigar back to his lips.

"I want something even greater that is driving me to the point where I could rip his throat with my bare hands. He's going to pay." I say as I bit my tongue, feeling the metallic taste of blood.

"Revenge it is. Truly a big thing to drive you to even do things you'd never want to. When can we start?" He says as he puffs out smoke then takes a sip from his whiskey.

"Now."

They look at me with raised eyebrows, surprised surely, but I don't give them a single hint of any emotion after that.

"I have three people of mine who have been assigned to get particular information from different club of Zenith's so that won't be a problem.
So,I really did trust the three strangers who had met the girl I loved so much. They were my last straw to avenge her death.
"We don't have much time, you both could easily get killed if any word is spilled to the other inner circle members. Lay low for a bit and be ready to flee if you fear for your life so much." I say looking at the man then his son who still had doubts in his eyes.
They only nodded.

So the crumble of his empire begins now. He won't see much fun now.

There was to be a big deal in between the chaos and whispers of a ball. A disguise. Even after our company had cut ties in the drug and weapon supply there were still the big rivalries who were still in the doomed circle. The talkative wives and the cruel men who smiled at the same parties were behind all this.

The deal was either going to happen at the same cursed mansion he owned. The same place which often came in my nightmares. The haunting red on the smooth shiny floors as she took her last breath begging me to save her somehow. It kept me up all night and I had nothing but to let the devil on my shoulder convince me that I should've died with her too. That I should've got shot in my heart instead of her. That I wished I was gone at her place.

Just being at one of the associates parties I had manage to overhear that Zenith himself was signing instead of his inner circle or other important men. Blake, Levi and Veronica were all going to enter as invited guests. As for me, mask would be quite helpful.
It was a masquerade party after all.

~~~*~~~

So the pleasantries began, the expensive scotch bottles and bubbly champagnes were popped open and the guests enjoying with their pristine clothing and exquisite masks.
I settled for an all black attire as usual.

The three were around the place, Blake closer to the inner circle members as he did their petty works most of the time. Levi stood by the bar chatting with some girls to try look less suspicious. And for Veronica she was busy sipping some wine flashing her prettiest smile to a guy as she kept him busy with words.
Since these three were entrusted and in the party arrangements they weren't checked for weapons, but I had to manage without one.

Who needs a gun when I could go as far as choking him with my bare hands.

Suddenly there were gasps and stares as a group of four entered the place. A girl with fiery red hair and black dress and three other men wearing sharp suits.
The dealers from Italy.
These couldn't possibly blend in with the rest. Their aura was disturbing and I could sense that either they'd get things their way or shoot every single person here.

The girl looked around then her green eyes stopped to meet mine, burning with excitement as she slowly slipped of the mask giving me a flirty wink then strutted ahead with the men.
She looks like a twisted one.

So they disappeared behind the dance floor, behind the crowd of gowns and masks. The deal was taking place now.
A lot of money and dangerous things at stake. Even a slip and we'd get butchered.
Entering wasn't so tough as I had used a girl who was supposedly the daughter of one of the invited men. She'd of-course soon left my side to head to the bar and then disappeared. I hadn't shown the least bit of interest as I ignored her throughout the ride to here.
Thankgod she didn't come back.

I couldn't be of any other if not her. No other girl sparked my eyes as she did. The last arrow of love she shot at my heart was stuck their forever, till this heart finally stopped beating. I'll love her always. No one else could convince me otherwise. She was mine even in her last moments so I'd be hers till I breathed in this hell.

All was going well and usual. The dance floor occupied with a few couples and the others slowly judging around the corners. Some were busy striking deals of gamble and some of lust. It was so petty I wanted to hate this so much. But even after everything, my mind went back to my dance with her. The gold silken dress and her red lips smiling at me as she hid her blushing face. The moment I realised I'd be hers and only hers. The stricken heart of mine as her honey sweet voice greeted my ears.
The bliss I felt because her soul cared about my selfish and screwed up one.

Now apart.

—————————————————————

oof it has been long but I'm stuck in writers block ugh I can't seem to write what I really want to. It's frustrating to say the least but I'm back :)
The playlist for songs for this story is on Spotify by the name #soulsapartWattpad on my Id- wildflowersallaround
Here's the link...
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4bxAVw3yev8Q2xN2t16aCK?si=X5uB9pp0RWSRjsJQ3l0YTQ

I really want to finish the story before the rest of my thoughts leave my mind.
Thank-you for 180+ reads oof let's get this to 200! Vote ⭐️ and comment for suggestions and changes if you'd like!