Chapter 3- The Interview(?)

The week went by in a blur. Home to office. Office to home. I am not into the party scene, I don't go to bars much. So the weekend was pretty boring too. I just sat at home, either lodged in front of the T.V. or with a book in my hands. But today, is a big day. Today, I go to meet the son of my archnemesis.

I make sure I look presentable enough. I'm not going to my office today, I'm going to be interviewing a multimillionaire. I look into the mirror and run my eyes over my attire. I'm wearing a white pantsuit and a pink silk blouse. It was a gift from my cousin in Minnesota. It's the only decent attire I have for an interview. I am wearing black pumps(heels, you're going to be the death of me!) that make me appear taller than my 5"7' height. My long black hair is in a loose bun near my nape, with a few strands framing my face. I know I look good, so that boosts my confidence a bit.

Everyone says I look like my mother, but I don't know. I've never met her. I don't even have a picture of her. They say we have the same chocolate brown eyes and the same milky complexion. The same full, slightly pouty lips. But where my mother was a petite creature, I am tall with long legs. I am not skinny but am not fat either. I am somewhere in the middle. I am not particularly blessed in the boob department, but I'm not flat. Honestly, I'm happy with how I am. I don't need anything more.

A horn sounds from outside, proclaiming Fee's arrival. I quickly get outside and get inside the waiting car. I decided against taking POS today; I gotta arrive in style. Well, as much style as I can manage.

Fee starts the car. "You ready for your interview?" She asks me.

I shoot a nervous smile her way. We don't talk the rest of the way. She knows I need to collect my cool before doing something big.

We reach the Fields Empire. Fee stops the car and looks at me. I can tell she wants to say something. She has noticed I'm behaving quite strangely; I never get this nervous before interviews. But in classic Fee fashion, she doesn't say anything, choosing to smile and wish me luck instead, for which I'm really thankful.

I get out of the car and taking a deep breath, start walking towards the building.

The building is HUGE. People are milling about the building, some smoking, some just chatting with their colleagues. But everyone looks so professional that for a second I become a little insecure, but quickly shove it aside.

I confidently stride inside and reach for the elevators, pretending as if if I have any fucking clue what I'm supposed to do.

Kate, Martin's assisstant had informed me to directly go up to the top floor and tell my name at the reception. I do just that. I show the receptionist my card and she tells me to wait for some time as Mr. Fields was busy with some other interview. I sit in the waiting room and take a note of the territory I'm currently in.

The room I'm in doesn't look like a waiting room at all but could pass for someone's living room., It is decorated with classic paintings and modern furniture. I can tell Mike had supervised the decoration, judging from the amount of glass. I can't imagine working in a place like this.

Actually I could. I had imagined working in an office like this my entire life. I had thought I was destined for great things. I was going to be a millionaire and going to be the boss of a big company, people would work under me and I would...

"Miss Waters, sir will see you now," the petite blonde from reception says, breaking me from my reverie. I idly wonder if Tristan has slept with her but then quickly dispel the thought. Fee has got the idea into my head that all Tristan Fields does is sleep with random women. I've got to get rid of the idea. For all I know, it may all just be a rumor.

I walk over to his office and see a blonde, probably a journalist, coming out of the room, a smile pasted on her face. "Sara Minnelli," a voice calls from inside and the woman turns back to look inside the office. "Have a nice day," the voice says.