Chapter 17

The next day Cedric woke up with a smile on his face. He had wanted to spend the night on his old bed in the Reyes house but his mind kept thinking of his wife Adrianna, alone in bed.

Despite an exhausting night he still got up early and prepared breakfast. Oddly enough that morning Gracia was silent, although she kept sending nasty looks towards Cedric's way.

When Adrianna came down she told Cedric that she would be going shopping with some friends in the afternoon so there was no need for him to pick her up. Cedric simply nodded, he was expecting to work long nights for the next few weeks, since he was planning on having Mor Co.'s relaunch soon.

At the office Cedric arrived with a tray of coffees. He had decided to give it to Ian and Camilla as a treat for their hard work. When he came in he suddenly bumped into someone spilling the coffee both on him and on the person.

"You idiot!" He heard a familiar voice say. The person who he bumped into was Chris Garin, a logistics manager who he went to highschool with.

"I'm sorry Chris, it was an accident." Cedric said, apologizing to Chris.

"Do you know how much this shirt is worth?" Chris was furious at the stain on his shirt.

"What if I just replaced it?" Cedric offered.

"Can you even afford it? Or will you ask your wife for money? What kind of a man relies on his wife for money?" In Chris' mind Cedric was still just an assistant who had little money and relied on his wife to get by.

"I really can. I'll give it to you by the end of the day." Cedric insisted, a shirt like what Chris was wearing was like loose change to Cedric.

"Fine." Chris said and turned away.

Cedric went back to get new coffees for his assistants. When he got to their floor he gave them the coffee and to his surprise Ayanna was talking to Camilla and Ian.

"Brother." Ayanna greeted him with a smile.

"Ayanna. Hold on a moment." He turned to Ian and Camilla and gave them each a cup of coffee. "This is to thank you guys for the past few days."

In Cedric's office Ayanna made herself comfortable on the couch.

"Shouldn't you be on a plane by now?" Cedric asked as he took his seat.

"I asked dad to push my flight back to tomorrow." Ayanna said, playing with her phone. "You know if you wanted to treat Ian and Camilla, you could have just given them money. They would appreciate that more."

"Sister, sometimes it's the small things that count." Cedric said.

"You aren't poor anymore brother." Ayanna answered back rolling her eyes. "But I do admit you might be right."

"So why are you here?" Cedric said as he looked through the files on his desk.

"Well I was gonna ask you if you wanted to go shopping with me and the others?" Ayanna asked.

"By others, you mean the girls?" Cedric asked without lifting his head.

"Well, Ram is going with Veronica, and the Sebastian siblings are all going. Honestly it's just you that's going to be left behind." Ayana told Cedric.

"If people see me with you guys they will speculate. So I'll pass this time, maybe next time, alright?"

"Aright. Do you need us to get you anything?" Ayanna asked before leaving.

"Maybe some clothes that I can leave here in the office? You have much better taste than me."

Ayanna held out her hand in front of Cedric who looked at her with a puzzled expression.