Chapter 1

Ariel's pov.
Living in an orphanage you don't have many perks. You don't get as much food or as much freedom, but you do get a lot of chores,sleep,and school work done. Yes even in an orphanage you still have to go to school. Although for me id rather stay home and read and be in a fantasy world rather than get bullied mentally and physically. Everyday it's more pain,more heartbreak, more torture. Im going to start at the beginning. My name is Ariel Trident and my dad killed my mom luckily my brother escaped but leaving me behind. My dad hid the body. After that he started drinking and abusing me physically and sexually. He would slap me, punch me, kick me, push me down the stairs, cut my wrists and rape me. At that time I was only 13 when he tried to kill me. He said I reminded him to much of my mother and that it was all my fault that he killed her and that it should have been me that's dead right now.

My neighbor heard my screams and called the police, they came and took him away. I wouldn't talk to anyone only to tell them my name. I didn't want them to know my age. It's been 5 years now and I haven't been adopted. Well I have but they always sent me back saying I wasn't the right daughter for them and that I had a horrible past that they didn't want to deal with. When they brought me in here they had to guess my age because I wouldn't talk. They thought I was 8 because of how short I was and still am. I'm now 17 almost 18 in a few months. Ever since that day I have not uttered a word and I don't plan to any time soon. Well I guess now we fast forward to today the day I won Ed Sheeran concert tickets.

I was listening to the radio like I always do at this time of day. It was 5 pm and I had just gotten home from school and turned on the radio to 96.1 fm. They had been talking about Ed Sheerans concert tomorrow night and they said they were giving out a free tickets and back stage passes to the lucky 20th caller in half an hour and if they could answer 3 questions correctly then they would win the concert ticket. I got excited because I love Ed Sheeran. When the half hour was up they started to say " callers start calling. This is your chance to win tickets and passes to see Ed Sheeran live in concert tomorrow!!!" So I called and it rung and rung until finally they picked up and said " hello you are on 96.1 fm and you are the 20th caller. What's your name?"