Chapter 7

Cross blinks, jumping away from Error before vanishing with a loud "NOPE!"

Razz runs off, dragging Fell and Black up the stairs, mumbling something and leaving Error, Nightmare, Horror, Dust, Hate, and Killer.

"50..." (So...)

"I suppose I should finally introduce myself to you, Destroyer." Error looks at Nightmare, tilting his head.

"50 y0ur n4m3 I5N'T Mr. G00py?" (So your name ISN'T Mr. Goopy?) Killer moves in front of Nightmare who's eyebrow twitches in annoyance.

"No, boss' name isn't Mr. Goopy. He's the fearsome and powerful King of Negativity."

"Nightmare."

The room is filled with silence, before suddenly things aren't silent. Horror is munching on Error's not broken leg. Error and everyone else focuses on Horror, but Error's reaction surprises everyone.

He pets Horror's skull gently and giggles sadly.

"Y0u'v3 b33n unf4ir1y tr34t3d by th3 wh013 w0r1d, h4v3n't y0u...?" (You've been unfairly treated by the whole world, haven't you...?) Dust wanders closer to Error and Horror, tilting his head and studying Error like a child.

"You...aren't mad at him? He's eating you!"

"H3 c0m35 fr0m 4 w0r1d 0f 5t4rv4ti0n. 54d1y, Inky 4nd hi5 gr0up k3pt m3 fr0m b3ing 4b13 t0 0ff3r 4ny m34ningfu1 h31p." (He comes from a world of starvation. Sadly, Inky and his group kept me from being able to offer any meaningful help.)

"Did you ever learn of...my world?" Dust asks, wistful hope barely tinging his words.

"I h4v3 134rn3d 4 5m411 4m0unt 4b0ut y0ur 4U...4nd I c4n't und3r5t4nd why Inky m4k35 50 m4ny 4U5 1ik3 y0ur5 4nd th3 f3110w'5 wh0 i5 34ting my 13g." (I have learned a small amount about your AU...and I can't understand why Inky makes so many AUs like yours and this fellow's who is eating my leg.) Dust tears up, rushing into Error's hold, surprising the skeleton and causing him to glitch out from the contact.

"Are we not going to talk about the fact that this guy is standing on a broken leg with little to no pain issues?!" Error looks at the guy speaking, finding a skeleton with tears of black down his cheeks and a red target on his chest. He recognizes this person, as he's unfortunately been able to see this one fight another skeleton, Color.

"P4in t013r4nc3 h45 b33n j4ck3d up th4nk5 t0 H3r." (Pain tolerance has been jacked up thanks to Her.) Nightmare sighs softly.

"Uh...Nightm4r3?" (Uh...Nightmare?)

"Yes, Destroyer?"

"Fir5t, My n4m3 i5 3rr0r, 4nd 53c0nd, c4n y0u 3xpl4in m0r3 t0 m3 4b0ut y0ur gr0up 0f 54n535?" (First, My name is Error, and second, can you explain more to me about your group of Sanses?) Nightmare sighs.

"I'll do my best to explain. But there is Razz, Black, Fell, Killer, Cross, Horror, Dust, and myself. So it'll take a while." Error looks down at his leg, where Horror is chomping away, and then at Dust, who is hugging tightly to Error like he's about to vanish into dust and smiles at Nightmare.

"I'11 b3 h3r3 4 whi13. 50 w3'v3 g0t tim3." (I'll be here a while. So we've got time.) Nightmare sighs, sitting down, and getting into thought.

"I suppose...I'll tell the first person I found. It was a long time ago. I had begun to expand my reach outside of my home AU, and accidentally stumbled into a world of dust and knives, and found myself in front of the Sans that would become known as Killer. He was overwhelmed by his emotions and his Chara. I locked the dark emotions away, but he had so few positive emotions left that he was rendered emotionless. He told me that emotionless was better than what was before...but my...the person who gave me my powers told me to never ever allow someone to be emotionless if I could help them. But making Killer emotionless was how I could help him. I couldn't do anything more. From there he tagged along with me as I found a home and began recruiting other beings from negative AUs." Error looks at Killer, who gives a simply wave, smiling and pointing at Nightmare, who is still in thought.

"The next few I found in rapid succession by complete accident. Like usual. I stumbled through the AUs, needing some space away from Killer to be alone. However, I stumbled into an AU of red and anger and found the Sans getting...mistreated by the other residents. I stepped in, kicked ass, and offered my protection for his allegiance. He took a few weeks and in the meantime, I stumbled into SwapFell Red and SwapFell Purple, the Sanses behaving different depending. SwapFell Red's Sans, who is named BlackBerry or Black, behaves like Fell Paps and Fell Sans in one. He wasn't really in danger, but I sought him out after the meeting with the Fell world, finding the anger to be a strong source. He agreed to the same deal Killer and Fell agreed to. SwapFell Purple was closer to Fell Paps and Swap Sans, and was a formidable warrior. He also agreed to my deal, especially when he learned Black and Fell were under my care. He told me to call him Razzberry or Razz for short." Error recalls the three who all looked to be from the same AU, nodding. Nightmare doesn't seem to even notice, too in thought.

"Then Cross...I found him in a white world all by himself. He had been attacked by the Creator shortly before I found him, that attack generating enough negativity for me to find his home. I took him home for care and then offered him assistance for his...various phobias and conditions. He also claims to have a human ghost child named CC that is his Chara, and they switch control sometimes. He is also our designated healer, and technically the only one still capable of healing at all." Error hums, smiling.

"And the last two members of my group, Dust and Horror...well...they are both...complicated. I met Dust first, and he was alone in his AU, but the way he was speaking, he claims he was talking to his Papyrus, I suspect like CC, Dust's Papyrus continues as a ghost thanks to the LOVE of Dust. This LOVE actually caused a split or a fracture in his mind. So far, we've only really seen three different 'people' from Dust, the child, the mother, and the aggressive one. He tends to fluctuate between child and mom personas, and we all have just rolled with the punches as they come, avoiding things that trigger the sudden change to the aggressive one. Dust's Papyrus is most of the brains as the child will listen happily to his brother, the mother obeys because they understand it best, and the aggressive one is thrilled to work with Paps."

"Horror is similar, but not. When I found him in his AU alone, he was starved of touch and even sound. He tried to attack me, behaving as a feral creature. In my panic, I forced what little I could find of his mind back together, and he calmed down, behaving as a child. I knew he wouldn't do allegiance unless it were for a survival piece. So I offered that he'd never be hungry again. Sometimes I feel like Horror is...someone else...someone more cannibalistic, but that usually doesn't last very long."

"Hate is just something weird I picked up from an Undertale Timeline gone wrong a while ago, and he just hasn't left. The prick.

(1236 words.

Nightmare dropped some juicy thoughts.