𝟎𝟎𝟔. custom-made corsets and crowns

❛ everywhere we shine death and life burn into something new ❜

MARGOT LAY ON BLAIR'S BED WITH HER HAND RESTING ON HER STOMACH STARING UP AT THE CEILING. She flicked through Vogue, ignoring what was going on around her, as the aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air up from the kitchen, lazy rays of sunlight filtered through the trees outside her friend's bedroom window. She seemed to be in a trance unable to get the mystery boy from the sandwich shop out of her mind.

She wasn't normally the type of girl that got hung up about a guy she had met once and was probably to never see again but there was just something different about him. She had never had that much luck with relationships in her young life often falling for all the wrong types of guys that were never right for her or any self-respecting woman.

Margot snapped out of her trance as she laughed at Serena's attempt to wrap her head around the concept of the looming masquerade ball. Serena and Blair lay on either side of her all the girls still in their pyjamas after spending the night in the Waldorf penthouse.

"So, Kati mentioned something about custom-made corsets and crowns, and I hear there are wigs involved." Serena stated with an incredulous expression on her facial expression. "What is this madness?"

"It's a masquerade." Blair stated the obvious, as she rolled over onto her side. "You have to conceal your identity."

"That's kinda the whole point."

"But I do have something special planned for Nate." Blair explained, with an excited glint in her eyes. "It's a game, a scavenger hunt. Nate starts the night with a clue, which leads him to a lady-in-waiting, who gives him a clue to the next lady —"

"Wait, you have ladies now?" Serena interjected with confusion and amusement evident in her tone.

Blair playfully rolled her eyes. "If he finds me before midnight when the masks come off, he can claim his prize."

"And what might that be?" Margot asked, with a small smirk coming on her face as she noticed the mischievous smile that as on Blair's lips.

"You know, I just figured that after everything that's happened, or rather hasn't happened, I should find some way to make it special."

"He should be the one making the extra effort but I think this is really sweet B." Margot muttered, not wanting to ruin the moment back bringing up the painful memories of the not so distant in the past.

"Don't listen to miss negative, I find it very romantic B." Serena stated with a wide smile as she sent a pointed glare at her pessimist. "Look if you do not want me to come, I totally understand —"