3.2

Our lovely daughter - so delicate, yet so amazing. You are our pride, the Airie Clan's pride, Amaryllis.

~ King and Queen of
the Airie Clan.

3.2 | A Dragon For The Princess |

It took me exactly seven days to reach the capital of Airie Kingdom.

The journey wasn't exactly monotonous. For the seven days, I had to make my way through the thundering clouds, cross a half submerged active volcano and also fight huge sea creatures that jumped up as high as I was flying, their structures easily overpowering my own huge stature. Along with that, there were a flock of birds that nestled around the volcano, they had reptilian wings like my own, and sharp teeth lined along their beaks. Although they were much smaller compared to me, when they suddenly attacked in a team, it became pretty annoying to ward them off, I also had accumulated a lot of bites and scratches. To think they had nails on their wings too!

I had to do a thorough Mana Manipulation through my Chakras to relieve myself of the wounds and scars.

In the end, on a glaring day of summer, I arrived above the Palace festival square of the Airie kingdom.

The Palace festival square was a huge raised platform surrounded with beautiful pillars, higher than the residences of the commoners and lower than the palace that was situated all over the top of a hill. On special occasions, the square was open to the commoners to let them take part in the festivities arranged by the Royal House. Not just that, often public executions too were held in here - ones that were needed to be shown as the end of evil, more like a sacrifice to the Element Gods. Only the most heinous criminals were executed here, people gathering on the square to celebrate their destruction.

            However, the 27th day of Monsoon of the 50678th year of Vander, was a day of great celebration. For the past thirty years, monsoon arrived later than usual, and the gap between the days was increasing. Although, the Acquae Kingdom was generous enough to lend a stream into the Airie kingdom, they also used this opportunity to rob the Airies off their huge amount of Mana Cores.

But, on the 27th day of Monsoon, Air Wielders managed to gather dark clouds over Airie Kingdom without spending much effort. Not just that, as the sun went down, a torrential rain splashed all over the kingdom, bathing them in the fresh drops to wash away all the dryness and dirt accumulated over the last prolonged summer.

However, the darkness created by cloud was just as gloomy as the Royal Chamber of the Queen of Airie. The exceptionally beautiful woman laid on her back, screaming her lungs out. Streams of sweat ran down from her matted, sticky silver hair, her limpid gray eyes trembling.

" Your majesty, please absorb this small core, little highness may take some more time to come out... You cannot faint now! ", an older midwife patiently caressed her back.

The queen wheezed in agony and staggeringly muttered the Mantra as she slowly absorbed the Soul Energy Core.

" That's it, your majesty. You're doing great. ", the midwife cheered on.

On the outside, a man with a head full of shaggy snowy white hair and a crumpled Royal robe paced impatiently. This experience wasn't something new for him, but he couldn't help but worry himself, because, this time, the birth took longer than before. And the painful screams of his wife coming from behind the closed doors, worsened his mental state.