Chapter six

𝐴𝑦𝑦𝑦𝑦-
𝐴𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑟 𝑢𝑝𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒?
𝐼'𝑚 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑏ℎ.
𝑌𝑒𝑎ℎ 𝐼 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑑 𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑛'𝑠 𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑐𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑛 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑓𝑓, 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑓𝑖𝑐 𝑠𝑜 𝑓𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑚𝑒 😤
𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑔𝑔, 𝐼 𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑧𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑎𝑑𝑣𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒- 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑, 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑐𝑘 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑦𝑝𝑜𝑠.
𝐴𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑓𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑙𝑠.
𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎℎℎℎ 🥺🖤

"So you're saying all these monsters are real, and you guys kill them-
And that thing that captured us was one of them?
A - Wendigo?"
Kingsley's tone was so eager Sam couldn't help but smile.

Most people either freaked out or went into shock at this point but Kingsley West looked like he'd just learned unicorns were real and had been brimming with questions all evening.
"Pretty much, yea-"

"Don't forget the part where we torched the bastard and saved your lives," Dean interjected.

"Oh let's not forget that part," Jace muttered darkly.
The kid reminded him so much of Dean it was trippy sometimes.

Looking at him was like remembering an eighteen year old Dean- all swagger and flirting and badass to cover up the fact that he was terrified.
Of course, Dean had been insanely worried about looking after his little brother and keeping the peace between John and Sam.
But what was Jace Maverick so afraid of?

"Of course not!
You guys- you saved our lives, how could we forget that?"

Kingsley was the definition of too innocent for his own good.

"Well I'm glad someone appreciates me," Dean cast his little brother a reproving look and high-fived the younger boy.
Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, Sam settled for a bitchface.

"Sure does."
There was an icy edge to Jace's tone that only Sam picked up on.

"So did you guys have any questions, or-?"
Sam deftly changed the subject, noting with satisfaction how immediately the annoyance in Jace's dark eyes faded  to interest.

"So many!
Actually, uhm-"
Kingsley hesitated, a worried expression creasing his face.

Sam leaned forwards slightly, giving the boy his full attention.
Jace, sitting beside King and across the table from the brothers, turned his attention on his friend as well.

"Uhm, I just-"
Kingsley took a deep breath.
"How much do you guys normally like- get paid?
Jace and I are broke right now, but -"
his words trailed off as Dean burst out laughing.

The older Winchester set down his burger and threw his head back laughing so hard it looked like he might tip his chair over.

"How - how much do we normally get paid, Sammy?"
He choked after a minute.

This time Sam did roll his eyes.
Trust Dean to somehow find this situation hilarious.
Though it got annoying, Dean's stupid sense of humor was usually a good ice breaker when they did end up having to give civilians the talk.

"We don't get paid, King.
We do it to help people, not take their money. Besides, if we do our job right, they usually don't even know we were there."
Sam finished with a smile and dry chuckle.