Choosing Ceremony

Today I decide my fate. I cannot tell anyone my results. I'm still Erudite. And Amity. And Dauntless. Mother tried to get it out of me. I had to lie to get out of the conversation. My brother Connor told me his result. Still Erudite.

"Kids. Time to go"mother says. Connor and I walk to the Choosing Ceremony. Mother pulls me aside and says "You will listen to the test. Not what you choose." We take our seats and wait for our names.

"Connor Matthews"Marcus calls. He walks, cuts his hand, and chooses Erudite. "Dawn Matthews"he calls. I cut my hand and hover it above Erudite. But at the last second I change. "Dauntless"he announces. The crowd roars and I join my new family.

"C'mon let's go!"a boy yells. We run to catch a train. A moving train. I run and barely make it. With the help of a girl.

She pulls me up and says "I'm Katie."

"Dawn"I gasp.

"Is it just me, or are they trying to kill us"she says. I laugh and wait for someone to speak.

"Get ready!"a girl yells. Everyone starts jumping out the train. I jump and start laughing.

"Who's jumping first?"a guy yells.

"I will"I say. I step up and jump down. I land on a net and laugh again. I get pulled dons by a guy.

"What, ya get pushed?"he says.

"No"I say.

"Name?"he says.

"Dawn"I gasp.

"First jumper Dawn! Welcome to Dauntless"he says. Once everyone came down, he lined us up. "Hello, my name's Four. Dauntless born with me. Initiates, with Eric"he says.

"Eric"I mummer. I guy with blond hair and tattoos comes out.

"My name's Eric! I'll show you to your dorm"he says. He spots me and smiles. "You. Come with me"he says. I smile while the others go to the dorms. "You."he says.

"Hey Eric"I say.

"I'm glad we can be friends again"he says.

"Me too."I say. He smiles and shows us to our dorms. I wish he would've said something else. Like, 'I love you Dawn'. It might have to wait. But I love him.