War Games

I woke up the next day with Eric by my side. "Hey beautiful"he says. I smile and he kisses my cheek.

"What's that vest you got there?"I ask. He hands me the vest.

"War Games. Get ready, we leave in 5"he says. I kiss him and get ready for War Games. I hope I'm on his team. I hear the train whistle. I run as fast as I can to catch the train. Eric leans out and extends his hand. He pulls me up and smiles.

"Thanks"I whisper. He smiles and walls away.

"This is Capture the Flag! Weapon of choice!"he says. "These aren't neuro stun darts. These knock you out until the game ends"he explains.

"Alright, Eric and I captains"Four says. "You go first"he mummers.

"Dawn"he says. I kinda blush and walk near him. The teams file off so these are the teams:

Eric's Team: Eric, Dawn, Nate, Katie, Ace

Four's Team: Four, Dan, Fiona, Hutch, Jen

We go to our spot and start a strategy. "I say we have partners. Then one guards. But the hide"I say. Everyone seems to agree to that. Eric and I team up. Ace and Katie team up. Nate hides where no one can see him.

"Don't be nervous"he says. "You could win this by yourself. If I get shot, keep going"he says.

"Ok. You're sounding really cheesy, but sweet. Ok."I say. He plants a kiss on my lips and we move. I know for a fact Eric has a target. Dan. The other team ambushes. We try and stay low. Eric breaks right and I go left. Dan is waiting there.

"Bitch came back for a second round?"he laughs. He pulls the trigger, but Eric jumps in front of it. I shot Dan and remember what Eric said.

"I'll win for you"I whisper. I kiss him and run to the tower. Hutch is waiting up there.

"Nice try"he laughs. I shot him in the neck and grab the flag. I show everyone and cheer. Everyone wakes up. Eric looks up and smiles. He cheers the loudest. Then he mouths to me- I love you.

I mouth I love you too back to him. He doesn't blow me a kiss. He runs up the tower. He comes by me. Makes sure everyone can see, and kisses me. There is a pause in the crowd. But they cheer louder. They could except us. As us.