Chapter 1

I haven't been home since the funeral and I think my siblings hate me. Instead of being there for them while we all grieved for our parents I up and left the first chance that I got. I should have stayed, I wanted to but I knew I couldn't. My powers were getting out of control and I didn't want to hurt Jeremy. He meant the world to me and I didnt want to lose him too.  While I was only 9 years older then him I had practically raised him as my own since our parents were always so worried too worried about Elena to really care about anyone else. This meant I had always been on the line of sibling and parent when it came to him. 

Sighing, I gather my thoughts and find the courage to finally step out of my car. Closing the door behind me I straighten out my dress. I chose a knee length emerald green strapless bodycon dress with blue and silver sequin detailing that was sheer from mid thigh. Slipping on my mask I walked up the steps of the Lockwood Manor, my heels clicking slightly on the stone. Standing in the doorway I scan the room and spot Elena and Caroline heading upstairs. Using my witch side I can tell that they are both vampires. What the hell has happened since I left?. Looking around again for my brother I find him next to the drinks table smiling I walk over and jump on his back wrapping my arms and legs around him and place a kiss on his temple before whispering in his ear "I'm home Jare-bear, for good this time"

I watch as a grin replaces his shocked and confused expression. "Elle!" jumping down from his back he spins around to face me only giving me a fraction of a second to actually look at him before I'm being pulled tightly to his chest. Jeremy nestled his head into my neck "I can't believe your back" pulling away I kiss his cheek "hey bubba"

Smiling, I looked down at him slightly due to my 5ft7 height mixed with my 6 inch heels. I was much taller than him at the moment. "You look amazing, but that dress is too short" rolling my eyes at his over protectiveness. "the length of my dress is fine bubba" hearing his nickname he grins "don't you think I'm a little too old to be called that now" his tone is light so I know he doesn't care that I still call him that. Shaking my head at him I smile cheekily I brush his hair back. taking a step back I look at him fully. "you look all grown up in a suit and tie" my smile turns proud as I straighten his tie.

After a few minutes of talking I notice him looking around for someone else "I'm going to go find someone else that I know, we will talk tomorrow okay" kissing his cheek once more I walk away, turning back I see Jeremy run outside. Hearing noise from upstairs I mumble a spell under my breath to listen in.

"...whatever you do to her you do to Elena" if that wasn't Elena going up stairs then who...swearing under my breath I use a spell to track Elena before heading outside in her direction. Once I see her I quickly break the link between her and Kathrine while Bonnie takes away the pain. I may not like my sister very much but I knew it would hurt Jeremy if he lost her. Staying out of sight I watch from afar making sure that nothing else happens to her.

Once everyone is leaving I run to catch up to Elena and tap her on the shoulder "Stella?" I don't know what it was that I was expecting exactly but I definitely didn't think she would slap me. "what the hell are you doing back? wasn't the whole point of abandoning us so you didn't have to come back." sighing I look directly at her "listen here I only came back for Jeremy not for your selfish whiny ass." turning I walk away hearing a thud I go to turn back but feel someone hit me over the back of the head. My vision turned black. 

~~~~~~

Waking, I sit up and blink a few times to clear my vision. Once there are no more black spots I look around and see Elena laying next to me "I want you to be quiet". A brunette vampire stands over her "who are you?" my voice was hoarse clearing my throat. I waited for an answer yet didn't receive one. I know for a fact that none of them can sense what I am thanks to my necklace. The charm I had created and embedded into the metal itself meant that to the supernatural world I smelled like an ordinary human as long as I didn't use any of my abilities in front of them then no one would ever find out. The vampire in front of me was definitely an old one. Putting on a show of being the scared weak human they think I am, I start to tremble slightly and press myself against the back of the sofa I had woken up on while my eyes start to sting with tears. "please, what do you want with me?" I make sure to stutter slightly as I speak and to not make eye contact.  "We want nothing from you. You was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time" a male voice spoke. Looking up I see another vampire enter the room weirdly enough I felt an instant sibling bond form between the two of us. Being what I am meant that I had things called soul siblings. They were basically brothers/sisters to me just without sharing blood.  The vampire's walk out and I slowly start to follow them into the room across the hall as they both start boarding up the windows. My new brother doesn't have a daylight ring.  

Slipping off two of the many plain silver rings off of my index finger I hold them in my fist using my magic to alter them. One became slightly bigger in size with two small butterflies and oval stone while the other thickened and resized completely with a square stone set in. each stone was a piece of spelled lapis lazuli. I knew the two shared there own sibling bond so I couldn't make one a ring and not the other while I was doing this I ask them for their names. "I'm Trevor and that is Rose" nodding I hold my free hand out to him "I'm Stella" Trevor shakes my hand with a small smile while Rose looks on confused. Walking over I hold the rings out to them. "Here." They both look over at me in shock before looking at the rings each taking their own and putting it on. "Don't tell anyone please." without letting them reply I move over to the window and remove the boarding letting the sunlight hit the two. Causing them both to scream out of reflex "What are you doing?!?" they both exclaimed at the same time. Turning to them I laugh as I watch the look of disbelief on their faces.

"Relax, they are daylight rings" I tell them as I point to there hands. There emotions change to shock as they step into the light without burning. After a moment of feeling the warmth of the sun on their skin they both get a giddy grin before running forward ripping the rest of the boarding off the windows. Laughing while they did I sit back and watch them with a smile of my own. 

A/N 

I don't own any of the images they are just from google images. 

Stella's necklace.