Chapter 3

It had been a month since my conversation with Elijah and tomorrow night was the 60's dance. I didn't know what the scooby gang was planning but I knew I had a plan of my own one that started with me staying over with Jeremy tonight. I hated that I was lying to him but he would only try to change my mind if he knew what I was planning to actually do. Over the last month I had told Jeremy and Jenna about the supernatural world and how I had magic. I had ended up giving them both a ring that would protect them from harm caused by both humans and supernatural without the same effect as the gilbert ring. When I had told them the side effect of the ring Jenna had panicked and rambled on about how Alaric had the same ring.

~~~flashback

"I know it's a lot for you guys to take in but I didn't want to be lying to either of you" taking a deep breath I look away. I was already aware that Jeremy was involved in the supernatural world, he just didn't know that I knew about it. Looking up at the others I see Jeremy looking shocked while Jenna's was a mix of shock and recognition. Jenna was the first to speak "so you're a witch and Grayson and Amanda knew" nodding I watch as she sighs and looks at me. "okay then, I'm glad you told me and not lying to me, but I am slightly upset that Elena, Alaric and you didn't tell me" she turns to Jeremy at the last part. he gives her a sheepish look "Elena made me promise not to tell you, she told me it would keep you safe so I didn't fight her on it."

Pulling out the rings that I had charm earlier to keep them safe. "These rings are spelled to keep you guys safe from any kind of harm from both human and supernatural even if you don't remain human yourself. Bubba I know you have the Gilbert ring but dying too many times with that one on will cause you to develop a second personality, one that would cause you to become a killer so I want to switch it for this one." Jeremy takes the ring off the moment my words register in his mind and both of them take their rings from me. Each ring was plain silver with a Celtic design.

Jenna slowly leans forward and picks up the Gilbert ring. "Wait, Alaric has this ring as well, what's going to happen to him if he keeps wearing it?" looking at her in shock I take the ring from her "Alaric has a Gilbert ring?" without waiting for their reply I close my hands over the ring and muter a spell under my breath removing the original spell and replacing it with another, the same spell I had used for the others. Jenna and Jeremy watch on as a white glow surrounds my body before it moves and concentrates on my hands. Once the warmth from the light leaves I open my eyes to see their looks of awe. Giggling at their reaction I place the ring back in Jenna's hand "find a way to switch the rings around he can't die anymore times with the other ring on or we will be dealing with a killer on our hands that won't even be able to remember what he's doing."

~~~~~

I thought back to my conversation with Elijah, He only knows that I'm a witch since I still don't want anyone knowing what I truly am. He told me about his plan to kill his brother Nicklaus and How Klaus had thrown his siblings into the ocean. I didn't believe him on that last part so after he left I took the empty glass of bourbon that he had been drinking and did a tracking spell on his bloodline. Effectively finding exactly where his siblings truly were, I would have told Elijah but I had a feeling it wasn't the right time so I was going to keep my mouth shut for the time being.

Walking through the front door I yell out to Jenna while I balance by bags and dress, trying not to drop anything. "Jenna I'm back, I brought junk food and wine for movie night" I walked through the hall into the kitchen where Jenna was. "what is all of this?" she questions when she sees how much stuff I'm actually carrying. "well these two are for tonight and the others are the things I will need for tomorrow. I'm chaperoning the party remember" I tell her as I point to the bags that I had just set down on the table. "I'm going to take my stuff up to the guest room while you pour us some wine" running my stuff upstairs I hang my dress up to avoid and wrinkles afterwards I take out my shoes and set them underneath and move on the laying out my makeup bag and hair curlers so everything is ready for tomorrow.

Making sure the door is locked I start getting my things out for the first part of my plan tonight, double checking that I have everything. Syringe. Check. Empty blood bags. Check . Herbs. Check. Vile of my blood. Check. I really hope Jeremy doesn't hate me if he ever finds out what I'm about to do.

Girls night with Jenna quickly became a girls plus Jeremy night as he joined once the Chinese takeout showed up. The entire night was filled with laughter and Jenna's drunk ramblings after the first bottle was done with. due to my vampire side I wasn't even remotely drunk but I was still having fun. By midnight Jenna was passed out on the sofa and Jeremy was fast asleep upstairs. Sighing, I place my glass on the kitchen counter and use my vampire speed to clean up the mess we made after I checked that no one would see. Going up stairs to my room I grab everything that I need and head to Elena's room making sure to be as quiet as possible.

setting out everything on the floor next to the bed I start pouring the herbs into a bowl and set a candle in front of it. Using magic I light the candle and watch as the herbs start to turn into a liquid and bubble as it heats. Once the spell is complete I use the syringe to collect the elixir before injecting it into Elena's arm. After I know that Elena won't be waking up any time soon I connect her to two of the six empty blood bags I brought with me and wait for them to fill up before repeating it with the other four.

An hour passes before they are all fully unlinking her from the bags I inject her once more with my blood so she wouldn't wake up feeling any different. with a sigh I wave my hand over everything and watch as it fades away. Everything reappearing in my apartment in their rightful places as I think of where they should all go. The herbs and candles in the apothecary, the syringes in the bin and the blood bags in the fridge. Getting up from my place on the floor I quickly scan the room to make sure I didn't forget anything, seeing there was nothing left behind a quickly head back to my room and change into my pjs before going to Jeremy's room. Shaking him awake slightly as I lay next to him, his eyes open slightly when he sees me smile and snuggles into my side and rests his head on my stomach as he would when he was a child. Running my hands through his hair I hum a tune to the lullaby I used to sing to him.