Chapter 9

Percy picked annabeth up , bridal style as she snuggled into him . He hated to see her like this . She looked so vulnerabel.  She lost her humor , her witty responses, her confident self , all she was now was a weak victim of the rarest problem .

Percy hated himself , he hated himself for never trying to understand . Percy walked a little further when a furious piper came running down with a confused jason right behind her .

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER . HAVE YOU NOT DONE ENOUGH ALREADY . WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET HER BE"

"Piper , she is burning up and I think it would be rather better to take her home than arguing .

Piper looked at annabeth and fear crossed her features . She quickly ran and opened her car . Tears kept falling down her face .

"I SWEAR TO YOU JACKSON .... IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO HER I WILL NOT SPARE YOU"

In other circumstances,  percy would have been afraid but now he was only focused on annabeth 

Annabeth was lying down with her head on percy's lap and her legs across the seat . She was shivering and whimpering and percy tried everything to give her even the most little comfort.  

They arrived at their place and quickly rushed in annabeth's bedroom . Suddenly all the quotes made sense . Infact it all made sense now .

After 5 minutes of giving some kind of injection and some medicines , annabeth was fine . Piper had composed herself too and jason.... well jason looked like a brick hit him hard on the head .

"Tell me about her . Her life,her childhood. ...everything"

"Annabeth was my best friend as a kid . She was the total badass.  She always had family issues and I knew she was abused by her parents but I was an 5 year old idiot ....... it got worst and when she turned seven she suddenly came to my house, she told ma a goodbye and left. ............ I didnt see her for years until one day I saw an unconscious body on the side walk. I reached closer to see it was annabeth , bruised , hurt, malnourished. ....."

She couldn't continue cause tears were falling uncontrollably falling from her eyes 

Percy didn't even wait to listen the rest , he ran towards annabeth and hugged her . Very slowly he felt a pair of hands wrap around him . In that moment , percy knew he had messed up , but he also knew that this is a new beginning. ...and it will all be alright