Chapter 1

A groom arrives at a huge palace like mansion on a white horse. The house was beautifully decorated with the flowers and the fairy lights shimmering in the dark night along with the twinkling stars. They were welcomed grandly by the band of musicians.

Fully decked up in a red bridal lehenga, she saw her groom from the balcony of her room. As soon as their gazes met, his gaze melted her and she ran inside her room as a deep shade of red coated her cheeks which clearly depicted that even his gaze was enough to make her blush.

The pre-wedding rituals happened and now it was time for the wedding.

The bride and groom exchange garlands and took seven vows of marriage. The groom filled the bride's hairline with vermillion and tied the nuptial chain around her neck.

The wedding completed with all the rituals and the only expression displaying on every person's face present there was contentment, joy and happiness.

The bride was now seated on the bed decorated with red roses. The room was dimly lit and pin drop silent. The only sound she could hear was the erratic beating of her own heart. The door opened and she could feel her breath paused due to the mere presence of her husband. She took deep breaths to calm herself and started rubbing her hands nervously. Her husband sat infront of her and slowly held her veil to lift it up. She shyly tried to look at him through her heavy lashes but again gazed down at her hands. He was about to lift the veil when...........

Neeru: Guddan!!! Guddan, uth!!! Agar abhi nahi uthi na to asli zindagi ka sapna toot jaayega tera. Ab uth bhi ja!!

Her words were enough to bring Guddan out of her dreamland.

Guddan: Kya Maayi, aap bhi!!! Aaj bhi mera sapna tod diya. Aapko pata hai meri shaadi ho gayi thi wo bhi mere rajkumar ke saath. Hamari suhaag raat thi, wo hamara ghunghat (veil) uthane hi wale the aur aapne hamara sapna tod diya aur jaga diya.

Neeru: Teri asli zindagi ka sapna na tut jaaye isiliye is sapne ko todna pada. Bhul gayi kya? Aaj tera interview hai.

Guddan: Hey bhagwaaaaan!!!!!! Aaj to tu gayi Guddan. Sirf aadha ghanta bacha hai. Itna time to hame wahaan pohonchne me hi lag jaayega.

Neeru: Isiliye tujhe pichhle 2 ghante se utha rahi thi lekin tu to aankhein band kar ke sapne dekhne me busy thi. Abhi time waste mat kar aur jaldi jaa.

Gudaan: Haa.

She gets freshen up and arranged all her documents required for the interview.

As she was about to step out she turned back looking at Neeru who was looking equally tensed as her.

Guddan: Interview mujhe dena hai aapko nahi.

Neeru: Aaj tak 75 interviews diye honge tu ne lekin ek bhi job nahi mila tujhe aur jab mila to ek hafte ke andar us job se nikaal bhi diya. Agar ye job bhi nahi mila to?

Guddan: Just chill Maayi! Nahi mila to hamara nahi unka nuksaan, ki unko Guddan nahi mili. Aap bas apna aashirwaad do mujhe.

She touches her feet and takes her blessings.

Guddan: Ab kyun aise dekh rahe hai?

Neeru: Maa Baap ke aashirwaad se kaamyaabi milti hai mujh jaisi abhagan (unfortunate) ke aashirwaad se nahi.

Guddan: Maanti hun ki maine apni zindagi me kabhi apne Maa Baap ko nahi dekha lekin bachpan se aapne hi mujhe paala hai, meri parwarish ki hai. Maa banne ke liye sirf khoon ka rishta zaroori nahi hota, baaki values ki bhi importance hoti hai. Isiliye mere liye aap hi mere Mummy aur Papa donon ho.

Neeru hugs her being emotional. No one in her entire life gave her this much importance. The society always taunted her but the girl infront of her has rewarded her with the highest level of relationship, being a mother.