Chapter 2

SUNSHINE ORPHANAGE,

Guddan returns back after the incident happened during her interview. She had a tired and uneasy expression on her face. Neeru sees her and gets worried seeing her in this condition.

Neeru: Guddan, Kya hua tujhe? Aisa chehra kyun utra hua tera? Noukri mili ya nahi?

She asked Guddan handing a glass of water to her. Guddan drinks the water and shooks her head in denial.

Neeru: Ab kya hoga? Kaise chalega is anaath aashram (orphanage) ka kharcha??

Guddan: Pata nahi.

She rests her head on Neeru's shoulder trying to relieve herself.

Neeru: Kya hua? Unhone tujhe noukri par kyun nahi rakha?

Guddan: Maayi, wo hame noukri par nahi rakhna chahte the, hamara souda karna chahte the.

Neeru: Kya???

She just hummed in response and closed her eyes trying to forget that memory. It was nothing new for Neeru to witness that. This was what the people of high class society does to take the advantage of the helpless people, mostly girls. But she was proud of Guddan that she wasn't one of those who shows her helplessness to others and does anything to help herself out from the situation.

She raised Guddan's head and looked her with great admiration.

Neeru: Aaj bhale hi tu ye noukri haar gayi ho lekin meri parwarish jeet gayi aur mujhe tujh par bohot garv hai.

She kissed her forehead and made her lay on her lap caressing her hair. Guddan closes her eyes relsihing the moment. Even after facing the worst days in her life, the only reason she is always thankful to God is for gifting someone like her Maayi to her who showers her love in such a way that she forgets each and every difficulty she faces everyday in her life.

JINDAL MANSION,

Akshat returns to home with his grandmother Sushmita. When he was walking towards his room someone suddenly jumped on his back making him startle. He turns his face back only to witness his best friend grinning at him. He jerked him off from his body making him fall on the couch behind.

Ranbir: Owww!!! What's wrong with you bro!!!

Akshat: What's wrong with you??? Ye kya bachhon jaisi harkatein kar raha hai tu?

Ranbir: Says who??? Who himself behaves as a kid 24×7.

Vikram: I agree with my son's words.

Ranbir's father spoke in support of his son.

Akshat: Mai bachha tab tha jab mere parents the, not now.

An uneery silence covered the atmosphere sensing the depth of his words.

Ranbir: Dad, Akshat is behaving as #beingresponsible man.

Vikram: Aur tu kab uske jaisa banega?

He asked his son slapping his head for behaving childish all the time.

Aditi: Mera beta to abhi bhi bachha hai. Usse aap kaam karayenge kya?

His mother comes in support for his son now.

Vikram: Lo bhai, ab shuru hoga in Maa-bete ka senti drama jiska hissa banne ka mujhe koi shauk nahi hai. Mai to chala.....

Sushmita: Ruk ja beta. Mujhe tum logon se bohot zaroori baat karni hai.

Vikram: Boliye na Maa, kya kehna hai aapko?

Sushmita: Ranbir, tu hamesha kehta tha na ki tu apne Mummy Papa aur Akshat ko pareshan kar ke thak chuka hai. Ab tujhe pareshaan karne ke liye koi aur chahiye. To maine tere liye kisi ko dhoondh liya hai.