Chapter 1 - The Mother's Command

BEN POV

Three months passed, now Ben is back in Italy after he sold his Coffee shop in New York. He decided it was for the best to get over his past relationship and accepted his defeat. His time is now circling with managing their family's coffee shop while his younger brother looks after their late Grandmother's vineyard that produces the finest wine in the Europe. Currently he is in the library, and couldn't help but stare at the picture frames hanging from the wall. It was his Nonna (Grandmother), his Papa and his Nonno (Grandfather) was still alive.

The library was his Nonno and Papa's favorite place to think and discuss meetings or any family matters while his Nonna preferred the garden. He remembered their father used to give them punishment like cleaning the vineyard or facing the wall for an hour until they learned they realized their mistakes.

"We miss you old man." Ben talked to his Dad's portrait.

Alessandro Venoso, the Coffee Master (1960-2004)

Ben and Eric were attached to their father so even if 10 years had passed, they still miss him; they never thought that in one accident it will bring their happy family apart. Their mother didn't take the news lightly and left the responsibility to their Grandmother Susanne without knowing how it will affect her children. Thanks to Ben's former girlfriend who helped them built the broken bond. They are now better and they have forgiven their mother for abandoning them.

Their father died from a plane crashed during his business trip in Germany. Back then, the business was on the brink of bankruptcy so their father was required to travel and negotiate with their investors. The board members did not allow their mother to take over the business since it will create conflict because she was handling the wine business. Eric was only 10 years old that time and still attending college, so the only option was leaving the Company on Ben's hand with outmost supervision from his grandfather. Ben started from the lowest rank until such time that he is ready to take the position as the CEO, it was stated on his father's last will and the Board agreed with the said condition.

"I missed you too Nonno and our endless discussion about the business." Ben switched his eyes to the next portrait.

Lorenzo Venoso II, the Legendary Barista (1935-2008)

Their grandfather held that title ever since he can remember. He was the first man who introduced organic coffee throughout the country that later on became popular and was recognized to other European Countries. For Ben he was more like Ben's teacher/mentor because he taught him the ways around their business and how to know the best coffee just by smelling its aroma. Since he was 8 years older than Eric, he often spends time with his grandfather.

"I know you miss me too Nonna as I do too." Ben turned his way to the last portrait hanging on the wall.

Susanne Conti, the founder of Little Hope (1945-2016)

Being a Philanthropist, one of her goal was to help people regardless of what their needs or status. She was very devoted especially to sick children so she decided to fund a charity institution named "Little Hope".

During the accident of his Dad, their Grandmother was at the hospital recovering from heart operation while their mother is busy working. When their Nonna Susanne was still alive she always spends time in her garden as her hobby. She made sure that one of her grandchildren will learn how to take care of the plants that eventually Eric inherited. Ben smiled at the memories and promised to pay their tombstones a visit one of these days. With that in mind, Ben went back reviewing the new contract for their prospect investors.