chapter 4

Hudheifa could not get hold of his emotion as he started panicking for his mother's life. A moment of silent passed as he tried to process whatever he was being told.

"What do you mean she is not... breathing.. ?." He yelled again at the caller on the other end of the phone while his heartbeat accelerated faster.

"Please...." he said as tears made down to his cheeks "please dont....say that..she ... left me." His voice cracked .

Not waiting for a reply he continued," Where is she now? Where is my mom? ." He said with a voice full of saddness.

" Hudheifa , We are on our way to the hospital , We will make it in time.. just..,..listen..."

And with that the phone beeped showing that shammy had a poor connection and the phone call ended abruptly.

Hudheifa couldnot waste even a single minute as he started his scooter , he had to travel for another two hour back to his home. He lived in Lilly village where he was born and spent all his life there.He grew up with the best parents on could ever imagine. Being the only child , hudheifa became his parents favourite. Both his mother and father sacrificed for him to be able to get education but one bad accident changed his whole life and made him lose his father.

He started imagining the worst for his mom's health. He started to drive faster than the normal speed. Was he sacred of being in an accident or getting caught by the police for overspeeding? NO.

Only one thing mattered to him and recurred to his head several times and that was his mom's health.

After a long hectic two hours drive, hudheifa made it to Al Shifaa hospital, the only hospital in their village as he quickly made his way inside.

He asked for his mothers name and he was directed to the emergency room. He found Shammy and his mother sitting on the bench outside the room waiting patiently.

"Aunt Shammy, Where is she , hows is her life ? Where is the doctor?" Hudheifa asked worringly.

"Calm down son, " she said as she patted his shoulder.
"She has been in here for an hour , we are also waiting for the doctors results."

Hudheifa started making circles at the hospital thinking on what could happen to his mother's condition and what would the result be.

"Son, Just trust in Allah your mother would be fine.." Aunt shammy said. It was clear in her voice that she was sad and cared for her bestfriend.

Aunt Shammy had been a bestfriend to hudheifa's mother since childhood and they all live in the same neighbourhood. Hudheifa's mother sells vegetables and fruit outside their house while Aunt shammy is a housewife but she always sends Shammy to help hudheifa 's mom since her son is looking for work outside the village.

Suddenly, the doctor came out of the emergency room and started approaching them. They were not ready to hear the result but they had to trust whatever the outcome would be.

"Are you with the Mrs Halima?." He said

"Yes." They all said together.

He began shaking his head sideways as he said , " I am sorry to say this, but the patient is not going to make it alive ..."