chapter 6

"Hudheifa?"  Haniyyah said as she blinks her eyes twice to be sure.

She was finally face to face with him again after ten years of separation. He  has changed a lot , she concluded that in her head as she watched his manly structure. He was impressed that she remembered him. The last time he saw her was when she was ten years old.

"How are you hudheifa? It has been long?"  She said as she walked  towards him.

"Where is you dad?" He asked her boldly

"Is it emergency , is everything ok ?" She asked him worringly.

" None of your business just tell me where your dad is?"

"He is in that office , we are going to have a meeting shortly though..." and with that he walks past her before letting her finish the statement.

"Who was he?" Zuheir asks when hudheifa was out of their sight.

"My one and only cousin." She says with a sigh.

"I can see you guys have terrible relationship."

"Its clear right?." He nodds as she goes back to her desk

Hudheifa walks into the biggest office at the far  end in the  famous compamy of A&F. He was not believing he was doing this . He turns the doorknob after his permission is granted.

"Woooah , woaah woaah! , Look who is finally here! And you have the audacity  to show up infront of my face after all those years!." Mr Adam Faraj says as he leans his face to his files again.

Hudheifa clenches his jaws  as he looks at the old fat guy sitting there.

"Don't waste my time and speak up." He says as he looks at Hudheifa like a piece of shit.

"I came to ask for a favour.. ," he paused and took a breath before he finished  ,"Uncle"

"Uncle.. ?Hahahaha.. Me? ....Your uncle..." he breakes into a fit of sarcastic laughter as he stands up to approach hudheifa . He then  puts his hand on his shoulder before he whispers evily stressing every word,

" You , and your parent were all dead to me long ago and forever."

Hudheifa just nodded his head to act calmly but deep down his heart he was boiling with anger.

" I need your help please , because she is dying..." his voice cracked.

"Like i care , whoever is dying let him or her die because in the end we all have to die." He said as he made his way to peek on his files again.

"Mom is dying .. she ... has...cancer.." hudheifa said with a voice filled with saddness .

"So what?." He replied .

"Why don't you care , it my mother ,Your brother's wife! YOUR BLOOD BROTHER" hudheifa started shouting as he stood face to face with his uncle ,"Do you think i was happy coming here for help ? No ! " I was forced to because of my mother's health. She even was against the idea of coming to you but i came secretly because.. I can't afford to loose her." He paused then continued" You are the only one who i can turn to for now . She only has you to save her or else ...."  mr Adam interrupted him

"Save your whinningfor another day. I don't waste time on failures like you and your parents.You came in a wrong door , Take a U-turn and go back to your village ? Let me make things clear to you , I dont care and i would not offer any help to your nor your pathetic family. Now out before i call the security on you"

Hudheifa felt the whole world crashing on his hand .A pin-drop of silent was observed as the two looked at each other with hate and venom.  He started walking away and when he reached the door he  heard his uncle say;

"Just give up , i know she would be happy when she meets her other loser. Remember the earlier the better."

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I hate this heartless man 🤦‍♀️

Don't forget to vote and comment.