chapter 1: The Creepy Manager

Nova Rey

I hate this job so much. I work as a waitress at a local diner near my apartment.

The manager sucks! His name is Joshua. He always hits on all of the girls here. Most girl co-workers have quit by now, but I need the money to continue paying for college, it's my last semester anyway.

I'm Nova Rey. I am 22 years old. I'm in college majoring in business and marketing. Finishing up my fourth year. I have long straight dark brown hair. It's nearly black! With emerald green eyes.

I'm only 5"5 which sucks cause most my friends are 6"+. Being the shortest is never fun. I only weigh 115 lbs. I'm small but I love my body.

Apparently my boss does too..

It's roughly 10pm right now. I work late shifts from 2pm to 12am. I'm normally the one to close down. After I took this man's order I gave it to the chefs.

He was pretty hot. When he spoke his voice was soft, relaxing. He was wearing a black Armani suit with a white shirt underneath. His brown hair disheveled on the top of this head. With the lightest of blue eyes. He's totally a player.

I was waiting in the back near the exit wanting to get fresh air because it's been getting hectic inside, when my boss came and pinned me against the wall.

He started nibbling on my ear and it sent shivers down my body. Not the good kind. It felt gross. His warm breath on my neck almost made me throw up. I started pushing his chest but he didn't budge.

"How about we take this into my office," he whispered heavily into my ear. I cringed when he started rubbing his hands on my thighs.

"Please stop. I don't want this," I begged. He's now fully against me, trailing kisses on my neck down to my collarbone. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I shouldn't have taken this job.

He slammed his lips into mine, forcefully jamming his tounge in my mouth. It made me gag. That's when I let all the tears escape, free falling.

"Help!" I Screamed when he pulled away for a second. He stared into my eyes, "Baby if you think anyone can hear you back here you're mistakin," I wimpered.

He continued to grab and kiss me all over while I tried pushing him. Now moving me lower onto the ground. He started unbuttoning my shorts, "Baby if you stop all this unnecessary struggling it would go by quick," he stated licking his lips.

"Don't do this to me please! please.. please..." I cried.

He got my shorts off and now he started on his pants. I cried. "Please don't do this I'll work longer shifts, give you my money, stop ple-" I felt a hard slap acrossed my face. "Shut up!" He yelled.

"Hey!" I heard a voice behind Joshua. The voice approached, ripping him off of me. The guy started yelling at Joshua, "I think the lady said no! What the fuck is your problem, doing this to her? I can ruin your life. You're lucky I don't beat your ass right this season. Don't you ever come near her again. Or any other employee for that matter!" He yelled in a prominent voice.

I flinched at the hardness in his voice, backing up slowly. He's the guy I last served! I was still crying. The guy pushed Joshua back toward the restaurant.

He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. He came towards me and stuck his hand out. While I just stared at it. "I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." He softly said. His voice back to normal.

Slowly I took his hand and stood up. I slid my shorts back on. The man gave me a hug. His embrace felt nice, safe, and warm.

"I suggest you quit. This isn't somewhere you need to be working if this goes on." He said in a hushed tone. I Shrugged. "I need the money. I have no where else to work. I'm still in college." I stated.

I most definitely wanted to quit. "Well Nova. Next time someone may not be here to stop this. There are always other job opportunities out there." He said pulling away. I just nodded.

"You alright? Take the rest of today off. I've got to go finish work. You'll be alright?" He asked.

"Yeah I think I'm good for now.. thanks for that... And you know.. stopping it." I said. He nodded. Gave me one last hug, and started walking to the back exit.

"Wait! Can I get you never told me your name!" I Yelled. He look back and smiled, "Hunter. Hunter James." He then turned back and left.

I went back out front to gather my belongings. Smiling to myself. Hunter James. Sounds fimiliar. But I love his name.

I drove to my apartment dropping my bag onto the floor when I got home. My best friend wasn't home. His name is Noah Jones. Bestfriends since we were 2.

He has a girlfriend of 6 years, for you all thinking we secretly love each other. We don't. Not like that. They're actually quite adorable together.

I was kind of bummed he wasn't here cause I could so use some Noah / Nova bonding / cuddling.

I pulled out my phone and texted him.

To Noah; 11:53 pm
Where are you?

From Noah; 11:55 pm
I'm at work. It's packed today. I won't be home til later around 3am. Why what's up?

To Noah; 11:57 pm
Really rough day at work. Tell you about it later. I miss you. I don't want to distract you from running the club. Have fun, I love you, goodnight. :) xx

From Noah; 11:57 pm
Alteast tell me if you're alright? What was it about? You're okay? Do I need to come home now?

Lord he's going to flip when I tell him I Nearly got raped. He knows about Joshua. This is the first he's tried something on me besides comments about my butt or boobs. Noah is overprotective.

From Noah; 12:02 am
Nova?

Nova answer me what happened are you ok?

To Noah; 12:04 am
Um.. It's ok, continue working I'll be fine. I'm okay and uh.. its about Joshua. Please don't freak I'm fine. I'll be here when you get home.

From Noah; 12:05 am
Don't lie to me Nova. What did he do to you? Did he touch you? I'll kill that son of a bitch. What The Fuck happened?

From Noah; 12:07 am
Jesus christ Nova. I can't work knowing something happened. I'm coming home. I'll be there in 15.

To Noah; 12:08 am
Noah please stop I'm fine. It can wait.

From Noah; 12:08 am
Someone is covering for me. I'm coming home now. It can't wait. And I haven't done anything yet. See you soon. Stay inside.

Fucking hell Noah. I didn't mean to Make him come home! Today is busy. Ugh. Noah is the owner of the new club/bar in town. It opened about a month ago.

But theres no changing his mind when its already set, so I'll have to prepare my story for when he gets here. Hopefully he won't flip shit and lose his temper. Cause god I hate when he does.

------------------

New Story! This Is My First One Written. They seem like fun. My writing probably isn't that good compared to others out there but who knows maybe you guys will like it. I'll be updating a lot for right now. Please Vote, Comment your favorite part in this chapter, and Share!! :) thank you