Prom, Promises, and Peacemaking

(Episode 33, but modern. And no one gets stabbed and chucked off a balcony. Probably.)

Astra patted down his suit, anxiously. He could hear the clock ticking in his head and it was quite annoying. Every fibre of his being was buzzing anxiously.

"Oh, what if he doesn't like me in this?" He fretted to Cassian, who was finishing up Astra's makeup.

"Then he's missing out. Hold on, suck your cheeks in." Cassian finished Astra's makeup with a quick flourish of his wrist. "Cause you look absolutely stunning, if I do say so myself."

Sariel nodded. "You really do, Astra. He's going to love it."

Vanden hummed in agreement. "And he's just butt-sore that you're more handsome than him if he disagrees."

Elyse tightened Vanden's tunic and laughed. "I bet you're butt-sore, you fucking bottom."

Oh-so-classy-Cassian snorted as Vanden's face went pink.

Boblem furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't get it."

Sariel patted his shoulder, a difficult feat at her hight. "Stay innocent, Boblem."

It was then that the lights shone through the front window and an old fashioned horn bellowed through the streets.

"Oh, by Melora, they're here!" Astra fretted, clutching his mask to his chest.

Elyse finished helping Vanden and moved over to Astra. "Calm down. You look stunning. You're probably going to want a fly swatter to keep his hands off of you."

Astra nodded hesitantly and took a few deep breaths.

Cassian clapped his hands together. "Well, I'm sure they're waiting, we should probably go."

There was a few rather nervous mutters of agreement as they all moved towards the door, grabbing their masks as they went.

Cassian fell into line beside Vanden and wrapped his arm around his waist. "You excited?"

Vanden smiled. "For the stupid dance? No." He kissed Cassian's cheek. "To spend time with you? Absolutely."

Sariel made a gagging sound from behind them. Vanden turned and stuck his tongue out. Cassian took a more diplomatic approach.

"No one you're interested in, then?"

Sariel shrugged. "I rather like the moon. We've got a good connection."

Elyse, who was in front smiled. "So, you're interested in Selûne, then?"

"Not in the way you are implying, no. I respect her and appreciate her and would fall to my knees before her, though."

Vanden frowned. "You should probably see a relationship advisor about that. It sounds very toxic."

Aerenthias leaned through the open window and shouted, "What's toxic?!"

Cassian cringed. "The sight of that moustache," he muttered. He shuttered and Astra blushed profusely.

"I think it's rather endearing."

"Of course you do. Go on then, go give it a twirl."

Astra blanched. "I will not!"

Cassian cupped his hands over his mouth. "Oi! Aerenthias! Astra wants to t —"

The teal Tiefling slapped his hand over Cassian's mouth whilst Vanden and Elyse cackled silently.

"Astra wants to touch what?!" Aerenthias called. He was leaning so far out of the window now that only his legs remained inside.