x

As the weekend arrives, y/n uses the time to study for the exam. It's going to be held on Monday.

y/n sighed. She and Suna didn't even study much when they were together. He was serious at first, but after 5 minutes, he dozed off to dreamland.

Her parents were out of town, they invited her to go together, but unfortunately, y/n had to decline the offer.

As she was studying, she started coughing non-stop. She takes out a tissue paper and covers her mouth.

"Blood?", as she wanted to throw the tissue out, she noticed blood on it.

She closed her notebook and dialed the doctor's number. "It's fine I think, I shouldn't worry".

As she explained her situation, the doctor told her that there's not much time left, and it's gonna be harder to hide it from anyone.

(at the moment, y/n's body is as thin as a stick and her face is pale)

"Please meet me after school, okay?".

"Okay, doctor. Thank you".

She hung up the call. She shakes her head and reminds herself to just think about studying.

.....

"Are you nervous?", Suna asks as they were entering the school gate.

"No, yes. Wait, yes".

Suna chuckled. "Relax, y/n. It's just a test. You'll do just fine like you always have".

"Yeah, alright. It's just a test that will determine which university I'll go to and my future. Yep".

"Don't be so serious. I'll treat you after school today, okay?". Suna said as he brushes his hand against y/n's hair.

"Oi, stop. You're gonna make me look bad. And I can't, I need to see the doctor".

"Alright, fine. Want me to go with you?".

"The doctor said I can't bring anyone else".

Suna sighed. "Fine".

......

As school was over, y/n heads to the hospital.

....

"All I can say is, it's getting worse. The tumor's growing rapidly".

"What symptoms will I have?".

"Worse than this. You should've been hospitalized weeks ago".

"No, I don't really plan on living long enough. Save the bed for someone else who needs it most".

"Y/n, this isn't a joke anymore. You have to be hospitalized here".

"And what am I gonna do, then? Being here means I'll be stuck forever. I'm fine going here every day instead of locked up in a room unable to enjoy my final years".

"You're gonna be the death of me, y/n"

"At least I'll die before you".

the doctor sighed. "Here, you have to take 2 more types of pills before leaving".

"What?I already have like 5 bottles of them".

"6, and make it 8 now. If you don't want it, then you can apply for a room here".

"And nothing's gonna change because I'll still have to take the pills".

......

Suna insisted on taking y/n home. He noticed something was kinda off but decided to let y/n talk if she wants to.

"The doctor said I just have to take a few more pills. Ugh, I'm so tired of eating these".

"Well, if you wanna get better, you should listen to the doctor, right? Oh, you know what?".

"what?".

"When you get better, I'm gonna take you to the waterpark, okay? I heard there's a super cool one called Yomiuri Land".

Y/n smiles in excitement. She's never been to a water park before, it must be fun.

Suna wraps his arm around y/n's shoulder. "We'll eat ice cream, have fun and I'm gonna drown you there".

"Huh???".

"I'm joking". Suna chuckles as he sees y/n pouts. "But I promise we're gonna have a lot of fun together, okay?".

They wrap their pinky fingers around each other, making a 'pinky promise' sign.

......

After the exam was finally over, y/n had no choice but to be hospitalized. She ended up coughing blood a lot of time, and her parents finally noticed.

Of course, they didn't know about the time y/n have until she's... gone.

Suna would check on y/n every day, except when he has practice. But even so, he would still come by a little later.

Sometimes, even the whole volleyball members came by.

"I didn't know y/n was this sick. The last time I saw her, I think she could even climb Mount Fuji by herself", Aran said. 

.....

After everyone else left, Suna stayed. He would even sleep at the chair and take good care of y/n. Sometimes, he would sneak in some chocolates or sweets since the hospital is very strict with its food for the patients.

"Ah, when will you get better, y/n? I wanna bring you to the water park".

y/n stayed in silence. She can barely move, every time she makes one tiny move, her whole body starts to ache.

She smiles a little, moving her hand a little so it can reach Suna's.

Suna holds her hand, playing with her fingers carefully.

"y/n, promise me you'll get better and grow old with me, okay?".

y/n shooks her head. She looks deep into Suna's eyes, with tears falling.

"Suna, I... thank you.. for... stay-staying with me. I love you".

y/n looks at Suna, then the ceiling. She lets out a final breath and closed her eyes.

Beep................

A doctor and few nurses came rushing in the room. They checked in on y/n before pronouncing her death.

She's dead. Y/n is dead.