Two.

THE BUS RIDE all the way home for me was horrid. The more I thought about poor Gabe, or what I would tell Cameron despite the fact she believed in me made me cry even more. I had actually failed them. But soon, my sadness turned into pure and lethal anger. I don't think I could go back to my vices without imagining the utter disgust he had on his face when he looked at me.

I got back home and as soon as I closed the door, I slid down the wall and wept. Cameron seemed to be putting Gabe to bed since the living room was empty, yet the telly was still on. I walked upstairs, smiled at them sleeping on top of each other and decided a hot bath would be nice.

I dried off and tied up my wet hair, put Gabe in bed and waved Cameron goodbye then climbed into bed. I knew I should never hurt myself like this, but for research purposes, I surfed social media for the company. But of course, I found nothing. I wasn't surprised, either. The company was so secretive.
                                                                                                *
Today, I left Gabe with Cameron again, so I could go back to the bakery. Turns out my plans are always fool proof.
I started to arrange only three boxes each of every pastry. Doughnuts, cheesecake and sausage rolls.
I had more customers than usual today, and thankfully, none of them were big-breasted ladies who wanted to gossip while pushing their cleavages in my face. Aren't there nightclubs for people like that?
With my head still bowed, I switched off my phone and counted the fee today. A hundred and thirty-five quid, that should last a day or so.
I didn't even notice the man walking into my store until he cleares his throat.

"Been a long time, Antoniette. Two years, was it?"

"Excuse m-"

I stopped abrubtly as soon as I recognised the meat sack standing in front of me. Adam.
Adam trodded over my life, may I say, exactly two and a half years back. But, the day his birthday came up, I caught him with another man. Don't get me wrong, I am definetly not homophobic or anything, I was hurt. He didn't come clean to it either. He kept saying he really wasn't gay, that he just wanted to try it out with someone different. He was clearly lying straight to my face, so I asked him to clear off. My life.
He's been contacting me for a very, very long time. But, I keep turning him away. If the scenario went like him saying something like;

"Oh, Antoniette, I am really sorry that you met me like this, but I couldn't trust you well enough to say that I am gay."

I'd have understood, and we could've become the best of friends. But, sadly, it didn't work out as well.

" Listen, I am supposed to be with my baby at home right now, what do you want?"

"You didn't tell me you were pregnant,"
He doesn't know about Gabe. Shoot!

"It isn't yours. Was all I replied before packing the wad of money into my wallet."

"Already found someone else, now have you? How was he so casual about this?"

"What do you want, Adam?", I asked, rolling my eyes.

"Can't a guy have a sensual conversation with his ex-girlfriend?"

"You sound stupid."

"I get that a lot."

"Seriously, Adam. What do you want?"

He sat down and motioned to the chair near me. I reluctantly do as told.

"Antoniette, I need you to understand this, okay?"

Where was he going with this?

"Okay..."

"I'm closing down your bakery."

Straight to the point, huh.

"Adam,"

"Yeah? He answered, cautiously.

I leaned closer to his ear. "Are you high again?"

"What, no!"

"So," I started to stand up slowly. "Why the hell would you something a drunkie would do?!"

At this point my hands and knees were shaking, but my voice remained firm and calm.

"Antoniette, I-"

"No one calls me that anymore." Shook my head at him.

"Listen, I'm sorry. It wasn't my idea. Please un-"

"GET THE HELL OUT!"

He shot me an apologetic expression, shoved him hands into his pockets and left.
What the hell? Two disasters in one week? Now, I don't have a job and I can't give Gabe the life he deserves.
God, why?