The Word That Changes Everything

Everyone was silent. Marie hugged her sister, and Andra hugged her back and they both cried. The Guards came in for Marie. They started taking her away to the Principal's office. Andra tried to get to Marie, but she was held back. When Marie was finally taken away, Andra fell to the ground sobbing. Everyone stared at her. Then the boy who yelled about the book said, "Sorry Andra," and left. Everyone else did the same and put away their sleeping bags. It was like it never happened. The only one who really cared was a girl named Savhanna, but even she could not truly understand how Andra felt. After a few hours, Andra felt almost ok. Marie was smart and brave. She went to detention Five times. If anyone was not going to go crazy seeing the Principal, it would be Marie. As the day went on Andra was getting more confident in her sister. And at the end of the day, she was excited. She will see Marie tomorrow! She was proud that her sister would be the one who would not go crazy. Andra was so excited that she didn't even bother thinking about books. When the announcements came on, however, they displayed a different message than usual. All Students are to come outside just past the doorway, and no farther. Everyone was talking about what was going on as they went outside. When they got outside, they saw some guards, The Vice Principal, The Board of Directors, and Marie's crumpled, bloody body.