Chapter One

Kayden's POV:

Did I really just do this?? I thought staring down at the blood on my hands. I should feel guilty, but I don't. They deserved this.

Many thoughts are running through my head as I pace back and fourth in this quite spacious kitchen. I look around noticing how big but warm and cozy this house is. I wish a had something like this growing up.

Realizing that they were the reason I didn't have this made me angry. However it doesn't matter anymore.

I gaze at the sharp knife blade grasping the handle tightly.

The thought of me being caught right now popped in my head, bringing my mind back to reality. I start to panic a bit but I need to focus. That is the last thing I want right now.

I kneel down towards the cabinets with the intentions of finding some bleach or hydrogen peroxide when all of a sudden I stop myself. I messed up.

I let my eyes wander around the kitchen when I spot some dish-washing gloves hanging on a hook by the sink. I was this close to leaving finger prints everywhere.

Returning back to what I was doing, I hastily open each cabinet looking for the supplies. You would think a house this nice would have cleaning supplies on hand.

Having no luck I rush over to find a bathroom expecting to find anything useful there.

I found myself walking up stairs to the second floor. I'm still not thinking straight. I just know that I'm running out of time.

I let out a sigh of relief as I finally found the cleaning supplies.

I carefully take out my bark river V-44 Bowie knife from the pocket in my hoodie and set it on the counter trying not to leave any more traces or prints... Honestly that probably didn't even matter at this point considering it was in my hands like two minutes ago.

Now that I think of it wearing gloves before I even entered the house would've been a smarter idea so I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of wiping my finger prints off but here I am.

I've never done this before. Never in my life would I had imagined me at twenty two in a strangers house, wiping my prints off a murder weapon.

Surprisingly they had everything I needed in their bathroom cabinets.

As I thoroughly wipe off my prints from the handle of the knife I begin to question my next move. Its my first time having to deal with something like this and I did not want to mess up.

Would it be best to just take the knife with me or leave here at the scene?? It would be easy for me to just take it and discard it later but getting caught fleeing the scene with a murder weapon would have me busted. However, if I decide to leave it here and miss a spot on the knife leaving a fingerprint behind I'm definitely getting caught, unless I manage to clean everything.

I end my thought process and look up catching a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror. What am I doing, this is stupid. I'm leaving the knife here. I trust myself that I've wiped everything off and getting caught with the weapon would be foolish. I had to stop overthinking.

I quickly retrace my steps in my head making sure I didn't leave my prints anywhere else in the house. I have to get going very soon.

Heading over to the staircase with the knife in my hand, I hear a sudden knock at the front door causing my body to freeze.

My heart was pumping faster and faster as I stood there with my eyes wide open...