CHAPTER ONE: Let's get Ice-Cream

I was playing the piano when I heard my mom call me "Lauren! Come on, we have to head to the beach."

I  liked going to the beach. The waves always calmed me down.

I stood up, leaving the music room and meeting my mom in the living room. She was extremely beautiful with her grey eyes and dirty blonde hair.

My mom had always been a ball of sunshine. She believed that life was all about taking risks and enjoying. I think that was one of her qualities that attracted my dad to her when they met in college.

"Everyone ready to go?" My dad asked us, entering the living room.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I jumped up and down eagerly.

My dad chuckled, lifting me on his shoulders as we left for the beach.

As soon as we reached our destination, Me, Alex and Jessica ran towards the water and started splashing each other.

We had always been so close to each other, always shared our secrets. A lot of our friends thought that we had some type of superpowers because we knew what was going on in each other's head. We were triplets and I guess we were just connected to each other in a way.

"Lauren, let's go to the Ice-Cream Parlour. I don't wanna be here at the beach." Jessica said, pouting.

"No! We can eat Ice-Cream later on. Let's just play here." Alex replied.

I knew where this was going. I had to pick one of them, which was the most difficult task for me. Whenever Alex and Jess had an argument, they involved me in it and I had to side up with one of them. Usually, I would've just denied and left because I loved both of them equally. However, this time I had no escape.

I sighed and pondered over it for a minute. Normally, I would choose the beach because it was my favorite place. However, I wanted to eat Ice-Cream and spend time with Jess so I went with her.

It wasn't a big deal, right?

We asked our dad to come with us and headed to the Ice-Cream Parlour.

Just as we got out of the car, Jess started running towards the Ice-Cream Parlour on the other side of the road.

And then....

It was like everything else stopped and my eyes were bulging out at the scene in front of me. A car coming up with high speed hit her and she screamed in pain as she was lying in a pool of her own blood.

The car didn't even stop and the person kept on driving as if nothing had happened.

My dad and I ran over to her and took her to the hospital, informing mom and alex about the incident on the way.

I didn't even notice the tears streaming down my face as we reached the hospital. My breathing fastened, my heart beating rapidly in my chest as if it was going to explode and I was shaking.

She didn't make it because it was too late.

It was all my fault. I could've stopped her and this wouldn't have happened. I was just standing there like an idiot watching her as she ran towards the Ice-Cream Parlour. It was my fault and I couldn't forgive myself for that. Ever.

Suddenly, I was at the beach again. The same beach where I saw my sister happy and playing for the last time.

Her blue eyes were staring at me with an absolutely betrayed expression. Hurt flashed in her eyes and it was as if she was staring into my soul.

I was standing on the sand while she was standing in the water. The waves hitting her but she didn't move even an inch.

Then she finally started sobbing and screamed at me "Why? Why did you do this to me? What did i ever do to you to deserve this?"

My breathing quickened and I knew I started hyperventilating. I couldn't speak at all. It was like my voice was stuck in my throat.

She kept on yelling at me "Why didn't you stop me? Did I mean nothing to you? It's your fault! It's all your fault!"

That's when I couldn't take it no more and I broke down, sobbing hysterically.

Her voice was growing louder by the second and it ached me to hear her with such hurt and disbelief.

I covered my ears and finally shouted "STOP! STOP IT!"

Her voice grew even more louder but I could hear a faint sound calling out my name.

"Lauren! Lauren! Wake up!"

My eyes flew open as they met with grey ones looking at me with deep concern.

I hugged my mom as I broke into sobs in her arms.

Another nightmare. I thought as I calmed down after a while.

***

So this is my first time writing anything. I know it's not great but I tried and I hope you liked it. Honestly, this was written out of boredom. Anyways, feel free to point out any typos.

Adios!