Chapter 44 - Bound

It was an odd reunion. When Poseidon dropped Percy off, it was in the infirmary where Annabeth was already sitting on the end of a bed, dried tears on her cheeks and red-faced.

Poseidon nodded briefly to her, before turning to Percy. "I cannot linger," he warned Percy. "If you want to say something, best say it now."

Percy glanced over to Annabeth, before returning his gaze to his father. "What's going to happen to Kronos?"

His father let out a heavy sigh. "He has been spying for the Earth Mother, he raised the Moly, he has been killing some of our supporters without us noticing, and more importantly, he hurt you." Poseidon pressed his lips together. "I don't know what's changed for Zeus to want to keep him alive, but I do know that it can't be good." He squeezed Percy's shoulder. "You don't need to worry about him any longer."

Percy firmly shook his head. "What if I want to?" He asked tiredly. "What if I want to be with him still?"

Poseidon seemed surprised. "Percy, he's never going to be a good Omega. It's best to–"

"I don't want a good Omega," Percy said sharply, feeling a lot like a child having a tantrum. "I want him."

His father just shook his head. "It can't work, Percy." He took a step back. "I'm sorry." The sea god dissolved into sea vapour and floated out the window.

Annabeth stirred, her eyes hollow and broken – a reflection of Percy's own. "The other's said what happened," she said quietly. "How are you?"

Percy ran a hand through his hair, knotted and sticky with dried blood, and grimaced. "Fine," he said shortly. "What about you?" Percy lowered himself to the bed opposite her. "How are you feeling? Tartarus... what was it like?"

Annabeth shuddered. "Fine," she said. Percy's lips twitched, Annabeth's doing much the same.

The door burst open, a bundle of demigods practically falling through. "Percy!"

Percy huffed as he felt multiple arms wrap around him. He smiled, patting Hazel on the back as she hugged him. "We were so worried," she said. Leo hovered behind her, nodding a greeting to Percy with a smile. Jason was more dignified, simply stepping through the door after the others, his smile reaching his eyes. Nico was half-hidden behind him, and Percy was surprised to see Reyna too. All of the demigods squeezed into the infirmary, sharing the unused beds or – in Nico's case – lingering by the door.

The son of Poseidon pointedly gestured Nico further in, pleased as he did so. The group probably seemed complete to the others, each of them looking content with everyone there. But Percy was missing both Grover, and his Omega to make the bundle complete. He wanted Kronos to be sprawled out next to him, with that stupid smirk on his face.

"Good to see you alive, bro," Jason said.

Percy smiled tiredly. "Good to be alive," he said. "There were a few moments... well, I'm glad the gods turned up." He sighed. "So, what did I miss?" He asked.

Jason took a deep breath. "We met Rhea," he said. "She was... interesting."

"I don't think she's quite all there," Leo added helpfully.

"Not surprising if she had to put up with Kronos for however long," Nico muttered under his breath. "Just the short time he was at Camp was a nightmare."

Percy's hands fisted and he bit his tongue. "Right," he said. "Look, I think I need to get some rest," he said. "I don't know how long I was... there for, and I wasn't sleeping very well."

That had everyone quiet. Jason nodded firmly. "We've got to let them both rest," he said, glancing between Percy and Annabeth. There were reluctant mumbles of agreement.