A Discussion Between A Boy, An Angel, and A Demon

"The LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to work it and keep it – well, that certainly wasn't what happened."

Closing the book, young Damian jumped from the seat he was told to stay put and study and jumped on the stone-path created that leads to where his guardian. Following the sound of an off-tuned humming to the song Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles – if that were even possible considering that song had a catchy tune, and, to which Damian believed, anyone could sing along to, especially when you're an Angel. But it seems that not everyone can follow the song's melody, even the most tone-deaf angel. He waited for a moment, expecting that the Angel would notice his presence, but it seems that the Angel was enjoying singing to the off-tune of Eleanor Rigby.

I guess heaven isn't as perfect as the Old Man says it is. Damian thought as he continued to watch as the round Angel enjoyed watering the plants – drowning, more like, as he conjured a large water balloon and dropped it at the pot holding the irises.

"Ariel."

The sudden call of Damian made the Angel jump and drop the sprayer he was using to spray water to the plants.

"Master Damian!" Ariel, the Angel, exclaimed, his voice sounded like he squeaked. Flustered with his actions before his young Master, Ariel tried his hardest to look presentable and fixed his robes and his slightly tilted halo on top of his head. "Yes, what can I do for you?"

Damian opened his mouth, about to say something the Angel's actions but simply shook his head and decided to tease his Guardian Angel at another time. He bent down to pick up the sprayer and then gave it to his Guardian.

"Ah, thank you..." Ariel cleared his throat and then followed the young boy as he ventured into the garden. "Might I ask, Master Damian, but what are you doing here? I believe I have tasked you to continue on with your studies by the pond."

"I have a question." Damian said.

"Well, from what I could remember –" Ariel maneuvered around Damian and stood before him, stopping the boy from walking any further. "— with a simple call of my name, I will be there at your side to answer any question... or run an errand – do you want a cookie, Master Damian?" The Angel held out his hand at his palm was a plate of chocolate chip cookies.

"No. But, thanks." Damian took a cookie from the Angel and then walked to the other path in the Garden. The Angel dropped his hand, the cookies disappeared, he followed after his master wonder about what the boy was thinking.

"Y-You said you have a question. Probably a word you didn't understand? Might I suggest a dictionary if you have any more queries – you know I could just get you one."

"I'm not interested in your miracles, Ariel, nor do I need a dictionary considering that I have read this for the hundredth time." Damian said, raising the golden book in his hand. The Bible. "What I don't understand is why I have to read this everyday in this blasted garden for the rest of my life – isn't this practically heaven? Shouldn't it have more books than the mortal world?"

"Yes – well, not entirely, Eden is at the middle of it – anyway – but one can't be sure that they have understood the true meaning of the Bible – and it won't be for the rest of your life, once God sees that you are ready, you will be brought to Earth and – Wait, Master Damian – wait – you shouldn't go there! It's dangerous, you might fall!"

"Of course, you would say that. You're an Angel." Damian said. "And of all supernatural beings, you should know that I'm not a fool to simply fall off of Eden, Ariel." He stood at the edge of the clouds, overlooking the view of the Earth. A marvelous view.