Booting

CRACK

Your weapon sung tales of war as it sliced through someone's head. Not of actual war. No. That would be too nice, to actually fight for a reason. Instead people jeered around you, shouting drowning out the terrible song as your blade swung through the air.

You'd never say it out loud, but you were grateful for the shouting of the audience. They hid the cries and screams of their victims, the same victims put in here too early, with no magic to hold them aloft the sea of injuries and broken bones.

It was almost sad how unpre- SHIT.

You cringed, your fangs grinding as your arm got crushed. Swinging your other arm. You managed to stab the offender through the neck, successfully lopping off his head while rolling out from underneath the huge fighter.

You were glad they let you keep your sword.

Your face fell into a practiced smirk, a quick glance around the battlefield furthering it's progress. You had made it. One more day had gone by and you had made it. The cheering rang throughout the metal arena, making the floor vibrate.

While your face held satisfaction your eyes screamed of anger and hatred.

With one last gaze around the battlefield you turned, scarf trailing behind you like The Reapers cloak. Your thin fingers did their best to wipe at your feather sword, a sort of softness consuming your face.

"hey... you okay?"

Shaking the dust off of your scarf you tried to make the moment last longer, trying your hardest to prepare a proper response. Finally a sigh drifted from your ribcage, making you sink despite your amazing height. Turning to face Gold, your eyelights making sure to catch his.

"I will be when we get home."