Ride 9

The following morning, a tired and grumpy Kalin was sat at the dining table, with a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal, which he was stirring with his spoon. He was amazed that the noises coming from Yusei and Jack's room hadn't woken Nico and West.

"Morning," Crow chirped as he walked into the kitchen and over to the counter to prepare himself some toast, "strange that Yusei isn't up yet."

"From what I heard last night," Kalin growled staring into the swirling mush his breakfast had become, "he and Jack aren't going to be up for a while."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Crow asked as he sat next to Kalin with his breakfast.

"I am surprised that you couldn't hear them," Kalin said with a yawn, "or that they didn't wake the kids."

"What are you talking about?" Crow asked giving the very grumpy Kalin a confused look. Just then Nico and West walked in, and Kalin got up to make them something to eat.

"Uncle Crow," West said, since he was the bravest of the two siblings, "can we eat our breakfast in front of the TV?" Crow nodded, wanting to be alone with Kalin.

"I taking it you have been up most of the night." Crow observed, sipping from his own coffee.

"Yes." Kalin answered, "But why weren't you? Couldn't hear them?"

"Hear what?" Crow asked, showing he hadn't heard a thing.

"The moans, the cries, and what I think was the squeaking of bed springs." Kalin explained getting more and more annoyed. Crow caught on as a very happy Yusei walked into the kitchen.

"Oh." Crow said.

"Yeah." Kalin grimaced.

"Good morning." Yusei greeted his two friends, "How did everyone sleep?"

"Fine." Crow answered, taking note that Yusei was in a very chatty mood, his activities with Jack must have been really good.

"Barely a wink." was Kalin's monotonous response.

"Why?" Yusei asked with polite concern for his friend. Kalin only glared at the raven haired man.

"I heard everything last night." Kalin growled after a long pause. Yusei went bright red. He turned away from his friends who were sat at the table, busying himself in making his own breakfast.

"Sorry if we kept you up." Yusei finally said, bring his food and drink over to the table and sitting next to Crow.

"Maybe think about how uncomfortable you might make others feel next time." Kalin smiled tiredly, "I am just happy you didn't wake Nico and West."

Yusei looked over at Crow. He looked like he had something he wanted to say, and since the kids were in the other room, Yusei let his curiosity get the better of him.

"I know that look, Crow," Yusei said his eyes a light with his curiosity, "out with."

"You and Jack do tend to get carried away. Maybe Kalin has a point." Crow said, "You two could try and tame yourselves while we have guests. After all they are in the middle room, closest to you and therefore can hear the unspeakable things you are doing."

"And those things would be none of their business." came the strong, confident voice of Jack from the door.

"Breakfast is by the microwave, handsome," Yusei said, glaring at Crow, "coffee as well."

"Thanks, love." Jack said walking over to get his breakfast, before taking his seat next to Yusei, giving him an affectionate peck on the cheek.

"How long were you stood there?" Kalin asked.