Twelve long ass months (two)

Tessa

Emery hasn't been in the best of moods today so hearing Landon beeping outside signalling that he is here is a huge relief she loves her uncle Landon and he can always calm her down. I love being a mom more than anything but it is not without its challenges so this weekend is definitely needed. I head straight out with Emery in her car seat handing Landon the bags but of course my little lady decides that now is the time for a meltdown.

"Has she been like this all night again? I think someone needs cuddles from her favourite uncle," my best friend coo's as I reach down taking her out of her car seat.

"Hello my little bug what's going on with you huh?" he says and she instantly smiles kicking her legs and I can't help but laugh. Why can she not be like this for me.

"Seriously Landon what the heck... are you like some baby whisperer this happens every single time," I say making my best friend laugh and before he gets a chance to respond my face pales and I have to grab onto the car for support when my legs go weak.

"H-hardin?" I say as Landon whips his head around his face paling matching mine.

He keeps looking back and forth between me and Landon who is holding our daughter the daughter he has know idea exists. I've done everything possible to avoid seeing him for the past year but here he is and I know this isn't going to end well for any of us.

"Tess please..." he says stepping towards me as I instinctively take a step back.

"It's been a year Tess please I'm begging you can we talk?" before I can answer him Landon speaks up.

"Hardin this isn't the time we-"

"Don't! don't you fu-" he stops himself from going off on Landon looking at the baby in his stepbrothers arms and I can't help but be proud, a year ago he wouldn't of cared to stop baby or not, "Don't you dare start with me Landon when you have spent the last year lying to my face knowing I was trying everything I could think of to find her and make things right and doing everything in my power to change, to be better... for her hoping to get her forgiveness and this whole time you've known where she is," he says clenching his fists.

I'm stood here pale as a sheet in front of the man who completely broke me for the first time in a year with our baby who is pointing at him smiling, his baby that I have kept from him and I'm absolutely petrified of what's about to happen.

Hardin is looking at the three of us with a questioning look before he speaks up.

"Please don't tell me you two are together? Whose is the baby?" he says pointing to Emery.

Shit, shit, shit.

Hardin

My head is spinning I have no clue what's going on and Tess looks scared as hell I know that I broke her heart but before the day that she left me, the worst day of my entire fucking life things were good so why does she seem scared of me...

"Please don't tell me you two are together?" I say the words as bile comes up and I have to swallow it away, "Whose is the baby?" I ask about the little blob that's smiling and pointing at me, are like babysitting or some shit?

"She's uhm she-she" what the fuck why can't she speak...

Then it hits me like a fucking truck, oh my fucking god!

"Is it yours!?" I shout unintentionally making the kid cry, shit!

"SHE is mine yes and thank you for scaring the hell out of her," she says taking the baby from London's arms.