Chapter 10: It's For the Food

Jaren Ian Loron

Central, Iriah: Mainstreet

AoO: 175- 08-02

~~~~~~~~~~~

The past month has been an absolute pain in the ass. Almost every morning interviews, intrusive and crazy questions I do not know the answers to, every evening training and party planning, then every night, mountains of paperwork and files I am supposed to go through, check, and approve before I go to sleep. Not enough hours in a day to prepare for all of this bullshit.

I stretch out my limbs after coming from another interview about what I am looking for in wife. How am I supposed to answer that?

Oh sure, I am just looking for a girl who is five foot four with black coily hair, sapphire blue eyes, and dark caramel colored skin. She has to be a good baker, a laugh that sounds like bells, and loved to play house and Prince and Princess when she was younger.

Ron is waiting outside the studio and hands me a bottle of water which I take gratefully.

"Ready for Ball preparations?"

"No."

"Too bad."

I grimace as he looks on his Holo-Celle at the days schedule.

"It looks like you have to decide on catering and food choices today."

"Great." I mumble. "Where is Jamie?"

"Waiting for you back at the Estate to select locations to visit today."

"So we have to actually be present."

"Indeed."

I press my face into the towel and release a long and low groan. I feel him pat my back and give a slight chuckle.

"I am surprised there wasn't more." He says. I roll my eyes and I go down to the car. It drives us quickly to the Estate and I go up to my suite first to change clothes wanting to at least be comfortable for this whole adventure. After pulling on a comfortable pair of jeans and a t-shirt I walk into my office next and glance around my desk for the binder holding information about the Ball. Instead my fingers find the manila folder I had once again began looking at. I find my binder underneath and begin to walk away fixing my shirt when my feet stop.

Wait a damn minute...

I turn back to look at my desk, gears turning slowly.

Catering.

Food.

Restaurant!

"Ron!" I scream darting out of my office. He jumps startled off the couch in my waiting room and looks at me confused.

"I know who I want to cater!"

"... that was... quick?" He says suspiciously. "Should we not go talk to Jamie about this?"

"No listen, there is a restaurant I want to visit. Family business, but I really want to go."

"You are very adamant about this. I am worried."

"I have heard amazing things about this restaurant and want to go undercover. It is not a Jinx owned restaurant, but it is owned by a wealthy family."

"... Go on?"

"I will go with you, and we will say you were sent by me to check out the food last minute because of recommendations, and I will be with you... dressed as a guard with two other real guards!"