six.

"So, heard about your fun little adventure last night..." Connor grinned as he dropped his breakfast tray across from Shawn and Camila the next morning.

"Shut up, man." Shawn was leaned on his elbow, his eyes closed. He'd been yawning all morning. "I was scraping toilet paper off the yard at dawn—I couldn't risk having missed any last night."

"Rolling a girls' cabin." Connor chuckled. "Where'd they get such a stupid idea? What do they think this is, a movie?"

"Yeah, well, believe me." Shawn opened his eyes for a second. "They're not gonna do anything like that ever again. I'm gonna have those kids scrubbing the floors after breakfast. I don't care if they hate me. I kinda hate them right now."

Camila placed a comforting hand on his shoulder and he flashed her a weary smile.

"Where'd you hear it?" Camila asked Connor. "Gwen swore she wouldn't say anything, and if this gets back to Coach—"

"Relax." Connor said. "Gwen is kinda uptight when Coach isn't around, but everyone else is pretty chill. No one's gonna rat you guys out. We've all snuck out before."

Camila looked nervously at the other counselors' table. Gwen was talking with Andy, one of the other counselors, and Camila wondered what they were saying.

Coach Jeff and the others wouldn't be back until after noon and Camila already knew she was going to be worried until then.

"I'll be right back." Camila went over to the other table. Andy went back towards the coffee counter just as Camila came over. "Can I sit?" she asked and Gwen only nodded.

"About last night..." Camila dropped her voice to a whisper, but Gwen didn't.

"I said I wouldn't say anything to Jeff, and I won't, but I still expect you two to make things right."

"We will." Camila nodded. "Shawn's gonna have the boys scrub in here after breakfast."

"I think you should help." She said, Camila's job dropped but she knew by Gwen's tone that it was more than just a suggestion. "I'll take your girls with mine today. In the meantime, I want you, Shawn, and the boys to make this place spotless before Coach gets back."

"Yes." Camila nodded, knowing better than to argue.

"And Camila," Gwen looked at her. "No more midnight escapades. You and Shawn both have jobs to do."

Camila nodded, her face going red as she went back to the other table. She dropped back into her seat with anger.

"That's just great—" She growled, reaching for her paper cup of coffee. She'd need it.

"What'd she say?" Connor looked back at Gwen over his shoulder. Camila told him about how she was going to have to join in on the punishment and he smirked. "Yeah... you probably shouldn't have gone over and said anything at all."

"You think?" Camila snapped and he laughed. She rolled her eyes. "Don't you have horse shit to go scrape up?"

"Maybe I do!" He stood up, still smiling.

"Then go!"

"I will!" He laughed, his head tilted back as he walked past her towards the door. "I like you, Camila. You're a riot."

Camila rolled her eyes and looked over at Shawn. His eyes were closed again and he was snoring softly. Camila felt her annoyance fade as she looked at him. He was so adorable and peaceful.

Across at the other table, Camila heart stopped when she saw Heather staring. She was eyeing Shawn with the same sort of soft look that Camila likely had been too. Her gaze then locked with Camila's. Camila froze and Heather glared, the hateful look burning into her.