Part Eleven

Armin's POV

So.. it's February 7th.. I have no idea what to give to Mikasa as a gift. What would she like as a gift? Would she even want the gift that I will give her? I don't even have the gift and I'm asking that question.

Anyways, I'll just sit in this room and think of ideas until I have to eat. Seeing as we don't have afternoon training today.

What in the world should I give her. A scarf? No, she always wears the one Eren gave her, mine would be insignificant compared to his. A card? No, that's just not good enough. Makes it seem like I really did lie about making her a gift. Which I did but, I had too.

Mittens? No, it's no where near the time for that. Wait. Maybe, I could make a stuffed animal. Everyone loves stuffed animals right? Ok, I'll do that. Now what animal should it be?

A horse? No, that'd just remind her of Jean and his pointless flirting towards her. A bear? That feels basic. Oh, I know maybe I should look through one of my grandfather's books for any cute animals.

I head towards the dresser and pull out the drawer filled with my shirts. I dig to the bottom and find a book where I can find the animals of the world outside the walls and beyond. I quickly get onto the bed and I begin my search.

TIME SKIP

I. Have. Found. It.

It's so adorable and cute I can't not use it. It's a penguin. They're so adorable! Especially when they're small and chubby. That's it! I've done it! I have my animal, now I must ride into town for my supplies.

TO THE TOWN

I have made it and I am ready to work. I head to a shop that is based on sewing and everything. Oh, sewing, I didn't think about that. Oh well, it won't be that hard. Anyways, I walk in the store and head straight to the person behind the cash register.

"U-um, hi, I was wondering if anyone around me can help me out with finding materials for a little project I have?" I ask the older man.

"Oh yes, my wife is just in the back, she will be able to help you with everything you need, I'll go get her for you." He says back with a sweet smile.

"Thank you so much."

After a little bit an older woman walks out with the man in tow. I'm guessing that's his wife.

"Hello sweetie, I heard from my husband that you need help, walk with me young man." She says in a cheerful voice.

I begin to follow her. "So, what do you plan on creating for your little project?"

"I wanted to make a stuffed animal. Is that ok?"

"Oh, that's more than ok."

She leads me to the fabric and shows me around to all the materials and tools I will need. Along with extra if I do run into any problems. She was even sweet enough to show me the basics on another stuffed animal. I paid for everything I needed and waved to the sweet old couple while leaving the store. Not forgetting to say thank you.

WE BACK BABY

I made it back to Head Quarters and I have about 2 hours before dinner so I should hurry up as Mikasa's birthday is soon.

I make it to Levi's room and begin the gift-making.