Innocent Children Never Tell Lies...

"Keesha what are you doing up?" I whisper harshly at her.
  She beckons me with her hand and I get up to follow her.
  "Where are we going this early?" I say.
  "Levi? What are you doing boy?" I hear my mother's voice behind me.
  "Keesha woke me up, she was going to lead me somewhere." I respond.
  I feel my mother come close and I felt her cry a single thug tear.
  "Mom?" Of course I was confused at this. My mom never cried often and when she does it is very little.
  "Levi, Keesha never left the room. And you can no longer see. So don't depend on your sight. You don't have much of it left." She continues to cry on my shoulder.
  "I'm blind?" I say as if I couldn't believe it. "But I can still see." I tell her smiling.
  She then levels my head straight.
  "Then tell me what my face looks like right now."
  "You look..." The realization that I could no longer see faces but only feel my mother's presence was depressing.
  "Don't cry Levi." She says wiping my tears. "We will get through this together. You are still my son and I love you."
''''''''''''''''''''
  Morning came not too long after that moment.
  Mom gathered us around the eating area pulling out stuff from the cabinets.

  She muttered harshly to herself.

  "If that wolf can get in who says that thing can't get in either." She reorganized the cabinet. New dates to the back. Older dates to the front.

  We better hope the sun panels do their job. Otherwise we have no power.

  ~

  Early this morning mom got us armed with stun guns and hand held weapons and took me and Arianna to go shopping.

  Well whatever you could call shopping in this ghost town. Dead carcasses made the air smell like metal and hot saliva. Insects buzzed everywhere. Animals like deer, bears and other wild life wandered back into the noiseless town in search of food. Animals in empty houses feeding on the flesh of the dead.

  "Gruesome." I spoke through my mask.

  "Macabre." Arianna argued back pushing her light brown hair from her face.

  Sun blazed on us as we walked to the Supermart. The suburbs in this area reflecting why you should be trustful of fore looming doom. No matter where you are and how safe you think you may be.

  We jogged into the parking lots. Mom gained momentum. She is a retired army woman. She lost her foot to a battle she fought. A true bad a**. She left to have more time with her family: me and dad as well as giving birth to Addy. She was getting back in shape to go back into the army, but I guess she can't now.
  We pulled open the automatic doors and shut them behind us.

  Inside was another story...

  There was a little boy crying by himself next to what seems to be his dad.

  "Hey." My mother's face softens as she walks over to the boy.
  The boy turns around and hisses. His skin parts at his mouth revealing the jawbone and ugly empty sockets filled with black ink as Arianna described it. I can feel the colors around me.
  "Levi, Arianna get the food we need. I will take care of him."
  I hear banging and the sound of flesh getting hit as well as growls and grunts from both sides.
  The probability of us getting out of this unscathed is low. But I am hoping for the best.
  Arianna pulls me through the isles and picks up what my mom needs and stuff that we felt would be good to have.

...............................................
  Levi's Mom walked with us as we exited.
  Besides Levi still being blind I felt we made some good finds.
  I closed my eyes and removed my glasses for a bit. Once I was done resting I pushed my glasses on and walked back into camp with Levi and hi mother.
  Keesha will probably like to hear about this. She will also probably come up with a name for those things.

  Later after sorting and putting the food away Mrs. McCarlton takes me and Keesha how to shoot riffles.

  My cousin's fluffier coils and thicker hair spring with each step while my thinner lighter colored hair swirls wildly from the small breezes.
  Mrs. McCarlton has her hair buzzed short with a brown streak going through her dull blond hair.

  When we make it to the area she hands me and Keesha a bow and tells us to practice our aims with these first before we accidentally waste bullets.
  Mrs. McCarlton sprays something on two trees leaving a yellow circular mark in several places.
  "Hit all of these, and please for the love of God don't kill each other." She says as she goes to shave twigs into arrows.
  Keesha smiles at me.
  "Arianna, I bet you we both miss the first and the second time, I miss and you hit a target."
  And just like that Keesha's Intuition was spot on. Keesha smiles at that.
  It was always like that Keesha's power and was intuition and mine was strength. No matter how scary it is Keesha's power is rather small compared to what the Monk said her powers can be and since we were young they always wanted to send her to China then go back to Korea with my mom.
  Purifying her ability ensured that positive prophecies would only occur and bad ones will cease to exist because her prophecy didn't conjure them up.
  What would have happened if they let her ability follow it's course would this still had happened?
  Of course it would of happens. And there would be no way to change it or stop it. Right?
  "Arianna!"
  I was sucked back into reality. At least my reality.
  "Hm?"
  "You were kind of spaced out for a moment there. I was kind of worried."
  I look up at the her tree and saw several arrows in the yellow circles.
  She grinned.
  "Now I get to watch you complete yours." She says.
  Great.