5

I had Amy's hand in my left and my gig bag in my right. We walked in silence until we reached the information centre in Paddington Station to purchase Oyster Cards for our trip out. We catch the train to Central London in plenty of time and end up sitting there before the train starts to move.

"Do you wanna talk now?" Amy asks putting her arm around me.

"...I don't know where to start," I said with a shaky voice.

"It's okay, start where ever you want."

"Mum and dad, they fight. Dad fights me too, only because I want to protect mum. Then I found mum in bed with a stranger and that who I thought was my dad, isn't." Amy moved her hand and wiped a tear away from my cheek.

"You're okay."

"...I have all of my stuff because I can't go back home and I don't have anywhere to live, I don't have anything."

"Hey, calm down. I don't know what you're going through but I want you to know that I'll be here for you no matter what. I'm going to ring mum and say I'm staying over at a friends house. I need to make sure you're okay so I'm going to be with you every step of the way, starting today," Amy said pulling her phone out of her pocket and took a very formal phone call to her mother explaining where she was and that she wasn't coming home.

"She was fine with it and said that I could stay out as long as I need."

"What did you tell her?" I asked curiously.

"That my friend 'Dorothy' was stressing about a homework task and I was going over to help her."

"Thanks. You didn't have to do that for me," I say resting my head against Amy's shoulder when she sat up.

"I did, and I'm going to be here for you." If Amy was affected by what I had told her, she was doing a very good job at hiding it because her face was wearing an all natural expression. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Do you feel better telling someone?" Amy asked.

"I don't feel like I have to pretend," I replied.

The rest of the train ride was silent but I have never felt so connected with someone before. I had my head rested on Amy's shoulder for the whole train ride. We departed the train at Tower Hill train station, hand in hand. I felt connected to Amy, like I could tell her anything and I could be me.

"Do you just wanna walk past the attractions?" Amy asked.

"I'm happy just walking around," I replied. I saw a nod in the corner of my eye and kept walking up Trinity Square.

"Money saver are you?" Amy asked.

"You could say that," I replied.

"Do you feel safe, being here with me right now?" I took a moment to think about it, and I did feel safe.

'Yeah, because I have you by my side. And I know it sounds weird because we just met, but I feel like I have known you for ages." I felt myself blush as I spoke, but it was true and I wanted her to know that.

"I feel the same, like we have known each other forever. I was wondering, because I told mum that I wasn't coming home, do you know where you wanna crash tonight?"

"I remember the last time I went to Central London with mum and we stayed at a place called Dover Castle Hostel, it was rather cheap and it the facilities were pretty good, and I don't think it's far from here either."

"I'll google it when we stop."

After that conversation, the rest of the day was a blur. We saw some amazing things while we were trotting around streets of Central London. We ended up deciding that it was a good idea to stop at the hostel. The only light we had was from the street lights and the moonlight. Amy and I were holding hands and it felt like a romantic stroll in Central London.