Chapter One

A babysitter. A fucking babysitter. I am almost sixteen years old and my parents think my 12 year old brother and I, need a babysitter. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Bee. She's one of my best friends and my brother's best friend. It's just that my parents call her our babysitter when; 1. we don't need one, and 2. she's really just a friend that they pay for having fun with us. It doesn't make any sense.

My name is y/n by the way, y/n Johnson. My little brother is Cole Johnson. Our parents are having some relationship issues and are doing this thing called "Hotel Therapy". Which is basically them going to hotels for weekends to have sex, and while they're gone they have Bee "babysit" us. 'Ding dong', speak of the devil.

I jump up from my bed and hurry down the stairs to see Bee coming through the door talking to mom and Cole. "Hey Bee," I said with a smile.

"Hey n/n, how's it going?", she asks me.

"G-", "Can't find it!" My dad cuts me off by yelling to mom from upstairs.

"Uh, try the bottom drawer under you invisaline (I think that's what she said). Anyway," she turns to us, " you now the drill. No violent movies, no junk food, bed by ten."

"Mom!?" Cole and I both complain.

"Bed by ten thirty," she says and tilts her head. "Are you serious?" Cole asks rhetorically.

"Anything else?" Bee asks. "There is not a bathing suit in there.", dad interrupts, coming half way down the stairs and looking at mom.

"Well honey I don't, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not up there.", mom tells dad.

"OK" he says and heads back up stairs. Mom sighs, turning back to us, squinting her eyes with a kind of half smile.

"He's totally gonna bring his jean shorts isn't he?" she asks us. We all nod and I smile.

"Mom he calls them jorts.", Cole says humor prominent in his voice.

"We'll be fine. I mean I can handle 'em.", Bee says referring back to us, and sends a wink our way. I smile, she really is one of my best friends.

"I know Bee you're the best," mom tells her raising and dropping her arm towards Bee.

"I'm bringing my jorts." Dad says rushing down the steps. "I knew it!" mom says. "I'm bringing my jorts." Dad repeats in a singsong voice.

"Great, I will be the envy of women everywhere," mom jokes to us as her and dad exit through the front door. I hang back and watch as dad tells Cole he's the man of the house and mom tells him not to run around too much after his flu shot. "And y/n," "Yeah mom?", I reply. "Just do your homework and then you can relax ok? Love you."

"Ok, I love you guys too. Have fun." And with that they were in the car and leaving. Cole, Bee, and I standing on the porch waving to them.

~Time Skip~

After hours of funny dancing, swimming, me doing homework and them making pizza, and then watching them act out a fight from the movie we watched. It was time for bed.

"I'm not tired." Cole says.

Well I know you're not, I am." Bee tells him before snapping her fingers, "If i give you a shot will you go to bed? You can have one too n/n." I smile, if we have to have a babysitter, I'm glad it's Bee.

"I don't know...," "I'll have one." Cole looks at me weird and Bee smiles. "Thatta girl." she says before turning to Cole and grabbing his shoulders.

"Come on, I'll make it a double. You'll sleep like a rock."

"Ok." He smiles at her and she leaves to go make us shots. "I can't believe you agreed so quickly.", he says looking at me.

"What," I shrug, "I wanna sleep and I'm wide awake. And I am three almost four years older than you. You have no room to judge." I say and Bee walks out of the kitchen holding two shot glasses.

"Here you are my good lady and sir," she says with a funny slur in her voice, handing us the small cups of alcohol. I begin to have second thoughts looking down at the drink in my hand.

"um..","You're not gonna do it with us?" Cole asks her.

"Ok, sure. I'll be right back.", she says heading to the kitchen again. Cole looks around before grabbing my drink and dumping it, as well as his own, into a house plant. He hands me the empty shot glass. Bee walks through the door and we both pretend we took the shots.

"What?" Bee says looking at us, "You guys did it without me." She is walking towards us before stopping and saying, "Cheers," before downing her shot. We all smile before Cole and I got to get ready for bed.

I pull on a f/c slightly baggy shirt and a pair of black shorts before hopping into bed. I pull out f/b and start reading to try and fall asleep. About ten minutes later Bee comes by and says goodnight. "Bee." I say before she leaves my room, "I didn't drink the shot. I dumped it in the house plant." She smiles knowingly at me.

"I didn't think you would. Cole yes, but you no." I smile at her.

"So you won't be surprised if I wake up for a midnight snack?" I ask. She shakes her head no. "Thanks Bee." She gives me one last smile before she exits my room.

I plug in my music and continue to read my book. About 20 to 30 minutes later I finish the last chapter of my book and lay down, my music still playing. I let the song finish before unplugging my headphones, putting them on my side table and my phone on the charger, and sleep.